Do you think I should tell clients im a guy B4 they book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chase,

I agree with most of the replies, in that most people having their nails done would be more intrerested in having a fantastic job done rather than the gender of their nail tech.

I have to say though, in response to the 'bigot' issues raised, it isn't this that will deter people from coming to see you and is much more of a safety issue. Irrespective of what we believe and what we feel in this industry, there are many women out there who would think twice about going along to an unkown mans's home on their own.

It would perhaps mean that adverts would not deliver your best results and perhaps you could consider introduce a friend or bring a friend along special offers. That would put women at ease and once they had met you and became to know you, then business would increase that way. Is always the best form of advertising anyway!

It is a shame that we have to think this way and we shouldn't have to but there it is. Just another hurdle in business to over come!

The very best of luck!

I wanted to add something to this thread as im also a male training in Tanning, nails and waxing.

I'm starting with mobile spray tanning and started the other post "man or women or either" and obviousley spray tanning is a more intimate treatment than nails.

I think your name could work both ways on your business cards if they dont know your a man and phone you and get chatting you could put them at ease.

Mine however is David so that could put them off straight away seeing an obviouse mans name, you just dont know

Im going to target the Gay scene first and see what happens, i thinK being a man could open up many different doors

How many mobile female tachnicians would visit a mans home?

I think you'll do great

Latest posts

Back