Do you use or recommend white tips ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i get asked all the time but only by young girls. my younger sister always has them and so her friends see them and want exactly the same. even if i offer another alternative they say no. i'm not sure why! i'd prefer it if they had paint on white...i need the practise!

I have 2 clients that have them BUT they have lovely long nail beds and personly i think they look really nice on them BUT not everyone can wear them, i know i cant they look awful on me.

I think it depends on you and your client, if white tips are that bad then why did someone invent them and all companies sell them?

vicky said:
I have 2 clients that have them BUT they have lovely long nail beds and personally i think they look really nice on them BUT not everyone can wear them, i know i cant they look awful on me.

I think it depends on you and your client, if white tips are that bad then why did someone invent them and all companies sell them?

Who said white tips were bad? I haven't read a post that has said that!

Companies sell them because there are so many technicians who fail to get their expertize to a level where they don't have to use them and take the short cut easy way out and therefore never learn any better. They sell them because they make money selling them.

The facts are:
  • They suit only certain lengths of nail beds which most clients do not have.
  • They are expensive to use particularly if you can sculpt
  • They look FALSE and not very attractive on those they do not suit and some types of French tips look even more false than others.

i reckon that just about sums it up! they def only suit a small minority of people (good long nail beds in good condition) and are expensive compared to sculpting! They are fabaroony for practising your smile lines on though!

geeg said:
Who said white tips were bad? I haven't read a post that has said that!

Companies sell them because there are so many technicians who fail to get their expertize to a level where they don't have to use them and take the short cut easy way out and therefore never learn any better. They sell them because they make money selling them.

The facts are:
  • They suit only certain lengths of nail beds which most clients do not have.
  • They are expensive to use particularly if you can sculpt
  • They look FALSE and not very attractive on those they do not suit and some types of French tips look even more false than others.

I think i wrote "if they are that bad" i wasnt saying ppl had said that they were bad. Everyone has they own opinion concerning white tips. I agree with the 3 bullet points you made and said very simalar in the post i made.
I learnt using powder but as time as gone on i have used white tips and will continue to do so on the right client.

WE wont bicker about such a trivial thing I hope ... your implication was that everyone was implying that French tips were somehow bad .... I merely said that I had not read it that way in any post .. done. sounds like we agree on everything else.

Latest posts

Back