Do you use or recommend white tips ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terifranci

Reaction score
:rolleyes: a quick question
Does any body out there use or recomend white tips?
i still take over 2 hours to do a full set of crative L & p whith clear blended tips but it only takes 1 hour with white tips and clear acrylic.
i know this is cheating a little but they look great.

I have to say a lot of my clients still love the white tips so there fore I do still use them and I think they look fab.

Love

I don't use them - nobody I know has long enough nail beds. I think they look nice if done nicely but not the Stacey eastenders type!

sounds as if it's your blending of tips etc that need more practise.
have a look at the tutorials about File Control and Blending tips etc, there's loads of advice and info in the tutorial section.
hth's

terifranci said:
Does any body out there use or recommend white tips?
i still take over 2 hours to do a full set of Creative L & p with clear blended tips but it only takes 1 hour with white tips and clear acrylic.

In YOUR opinion they may look great but ....

I don't use them but I have no need to use them.
What I recommend is honing your skills so you do not have to use them.

I don't think it is 'cheating', but it is not a look that everyone wants or that is suitable for everyone or that everyone thinks looks great either so you might as well bite the bullet and practice your skills until doing pink and white is as easy as using one colour.

Zuise.e said:
I don't use them - nobody I know has long enough nail beds. I think they look nice if done nicely but not the Stacey eastenders type!

You have made my day - i do like white tips (in fact I have some on right now ... ) But i do think Staceys on Eastenders are probably the most discusting nails I have ever seen ... would be intresting to know if she has to wear them because of her character or if its the actresses choice, they are too long, too square, too thick ... ewwww !

I do hope one day to learn pink and white - but until then i still like my tips :)

Hi!

I dont like to use white tips i thought they were great at first but soon learned that they dont suit everyones nails and you are very limited to what you can do.

xxx

I do have some clients who do like the white tips but i do think i have more problems with them as i think the don't suit everyone nails and you prob don't find that out until you get the phone call!! lol i find i try to talk them in to having natural ones and i will do them white tips with my gel.

I have some buy never use them...i do prefer the white to be done with my gel...you end up having to use white gel/L&P in the end anyway so why not just use it in the first place..unless of course you intend soaking off every other visit....and i cant see the point in that either. Only once did i have a client that had nail beds that could carry them off beautifully. I have seen some pics of nail biters with white tips...it looks horrible...the whites were nearly sitting on the half moons...not nice. xxxx

i dont use white tips - i think they look awful on the wrong hands, and they also look soooooooooo false.
the whole purpose of nail enhancements is to make the owner of them be proud to show them off, im my opinion, white tips just scream FALSE

I used the white tips on one or two clients, i use them on myself as its much quicker. I put on the tip, use my pink gel and then a finsh clear. I find that they are not nearly as strong as the pink and whites though :green:

terifranci said:
Does any body out there use or recomend white tips?
i still take over 2 hours to do a full set of crative L & p whith clear blended tips but it only takes 1 hour with white tips and clear acrylic.
I avoid white tips as much as i can, some clients specifically ask for them but if they have short nail plates i recomend natural tips and white powder. or clear tips white powder placed a little higher than the natural nails free edge and flawless pink to extend the look of the natural nail. it is longer than using white tips (for me anyway as am newbie):lol: but i think it is well worth it in the longrun.:D

e_lucy said:
You have made my day - i do like white tips (in fact I have some on right now ... ) But i do think Staceys on Eastenders are probably the most discusting nails I have ever seen ... would be intresting to know if she has to wear them because of her character or if its the actresses choice, they are too long, too square, too thick ... ewwww !

I do hope one day to learn pink and white - but until then i still like my tips :)

There was a long thread a while back about Stacey's nails and we had insider info from a geek who works on the Eastenders set that she wears them for the character only...... same as Tania from Footballers Wives - character only!!

I have tried using white tips and i have to say i prefer white powder. As said above they look terrible on short nail beds and prefer creating the smile line myself. Even though my smiles are far from from perfect i love practising.

do you have to blend white tips?

I personally dont like them - I think they look really false and unnatural

Leece said:
do you have to blend white tips?

That's what I would like to know. I have never used white tips and wouldn't know what to do with them.

Can anyone answer please?

no you dont blend them, the whole point of them is the built in smile. if you file you lose it. i use them only on decent beds, never nail biters as they look terrible
icon_eek.gif
i file away more of the smile for a deeper smile,gel bond is great for these tips. gently buff away shine with a white block. use a white powder,very thinly on top. use a pink on the rest. clear doesnt look the best IMO. make sure you bring your sidewalls in,too. rebalance as you would normally, but i find i am stuck with needing to use a very white powder to match the tip or i get shadowing. they are good if you are pressed for time and the client has decent nail beds, but of course the best solution is sculptured french - they're stronger and more natural looking. have a look in my gallery at my french clients, they are both wearing white tips.

i have some but i try not to use them. unfortunately my smile lines are not perfect so if i have to use them i will. some clients LOVE them and i think it's important to offer them if they want them. if not they'll prob go elsewhere! practise your smile lines and then offer that but in the meantime i don't think there is any reason why you shouldn't use them if your clients like them. i think some techs use them all the time purely due to requests from their clients x

I have never had a client actually ask me for French tips ... French nails yes, which I can make with my liquid and powder, but never has anyone asked for French Tips. Strange.

Latest posts

Back