Do you wipe your brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, sometimes I feel like I am getting there with the mix ratio. But sometimes when I press the bead down and lift my brush away, there seems to be some left in my brush, this is why I wipe it because I dont want the acrylic drying in my brush! Do you think this happens sometimes because I am working to dry? :confused:

I doubt that anything on your brush could possibly go hard in the 2-3 seconds it takes for the bead to settle out on the nail! Once you start pressing whatever is on your brush will integrate with the product on the nail.

Only you can tell me if you are working too dry or too wet. Either would leave some residue on your brush. If too dry, things may come right as you start to press out the bead ... If too wet, you will know once you start to press because your bead would become all runny. Get pressing and work it out! :green:

Only you can tell me if you are working too dry or too wet. Either would leave some residue on your brush. If too dry, things may come right as you start to press out the bead ... If too wet, you will know once you start to press because your bead would become all runny. Get pressing and work it out! :green:

This is exactly my problem.
If I don't wipe the brush before patting, big runny mess (and don't forget the stink...).
If I DO... it seems too dry and I press and pat.. and it doesn't stick.
:grr:

I've been babied by gel, that's ready to go, like at a drive-thru for coffee vs making a pot of coffee on my own (just never tastes the same as Tim Horton's).

I will re-read the chapter again, and watch the videos again for both EZ Flow and CND..... and see if I can't catch where I'm going wrong (am thinking... maybe dipping brush into monomer too much in the first place??)
I WILL get this... I'm too damned stubborn not to.

:lol:

Of COURSE everyone needs to wipe their brush at some time .. like every time you have finished pressing or smoothing a bead and before you put your brush back into the dappen dish to pick up fresh monomer!!!

Why do people take things so literally? No one means that you should absolutely never under any circumstances wipe your brush!

I didn't! I know it has to be done sometimes... I just want to get it like you, and minimize vapours.
Hence my comments about you in my head tsk'ing while my tutour showed me her 'great trick'.
Sorry if what I said came across wrong.

:hug:

I'm glad I am not the only one!! I WILL master it too, I am also very stubborn! I am sure one day it will just click (I hope!lol) I am definately going to invest in the Nailclass book. I think I need it!
I liked the bit about the coffee by the way!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back