Do you work with someone that you see their client's hair and think OMG?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
So i have recently finished my level three and got a job in a freinds salon renting my own chair. I am shocked after me thinking omg i can not do think im so scared as ive just qualified to how has this woman had a salon ten years! Most of her work is done with no passion get them in and out and dont care if the colour ect is wrong. She did a girl today who is a regular she has bleech blonde hair and hadnt been for 3 months so had a big regrowth. Her hair is a base 7 and is naturally red. She used fudge highlift think it was 12.11 and a teaspoon or as she calls it a smidge of bleech to give it a boost. Correct me if im wrong but is it not just best to use one or the other? She also put lowlights in 6.63 they turned out black in someplaces well not place a 6 but looked it next to white and some was washed out look others was gold complete gold her roots was gold also so she put a toner on fudge T1 with 6 per cent when the instuctions says 3% or less it did nothing she dried it and it wasnt as bad but in the light walking out it was glowing. Half a cm near the scalp was a nice blonde but the rest of the regrowth of 3 months was orange i could see the girls face i wanted to do something but couldnt she is a mum and her little boy goes same class as mine im woundering what to do should i say something or fix it but im still not confident and unsure what i would need to do please help!!!!!! I have to face her at 9am :-(

That post is quite hard to read. A few full stops, or commas might help others to understand and assist with a reply.

Its not ur problem i wouldn't worry about it to be honest its not ur work? If she says anything to u then i would advise her to go bk to her stylist if shes not happy and get it corrected! I would never correct another stylist work unless the client came to me start as u mean to go on hun

Gosh, with friends like you who needs enemies!
A little respect goes a long way in this trade. Maybe you don't agree with her methods (they are old school) but she has owned her business for 10 years. In this current climate that is no mean feat.
Also try to remember how visible you are on the Internet. .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Defo don't think you should worry about it as it's not your problem. If she asks you about it tomorow advise her to return to her stylist cause if you were to fix it and your Co worker found out it might make things a bit tense xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe she thinks the same about you?

Just a thought!

You've written a post criticising your boss's methods, and then ended the same post saying you wouldn't actually know yourself how to do it... So what help are you going to be to this client anyway?

How can we help? She cant be that bad if she's kept a salon going for 10 years. If your not happy leave, negativity breads negativity. Im sorry I cant be of help but if its her business who are you to tell her how to run it and why are you so concerned? You should be grateful she has given you an opportunity and if she is your friend how would you feel if one of your friends was on here saying all this it sounds like your on her back watching everything she does and trying to find fault?

Iv seen hairdressers and thought not OMG more WTF are they doing but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if there customers are happy thats all that matters. If she's that bad and your so good you'll have every customer in the salon. You certainly don't come across as a perfectionist in your post though my spelling and grammar are certainly not perfect but your post is barely legible. Please don't think we are on a witch hunt here but you have to put this into perspective and i sincerely hope for your sake she doesn't use or simply view this forum.

Last edited:
Yes, very hard to read, wordwall! Paragraphs makes it easier to read :)

Anyway, your boss obviously has it right to be trading for so long, you own opinions of your or anyone else's work doesn't mater, as stylist, you are only as good as your clients think you are! Clearly after 10 yrs of running her salon she has got something right.

I sure hope she's not on here reading this too ;-)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to work for a woman who was a REAALLLLY sloppy stylist. She cut corners everywhere and it rubbed off in the rest of her staff..

I left after 3 months :)

I can appreciate where the OP is coming from, to be honest.

I briefly worked in a salon where the owner had many years of experience but hadn't bothered keeping updated and was more interested in having random days off. She added powder bleach to highlift tint (!) and her cutting & colours were pretty ropey. I remember her attempting an ombré and getting confused between the tint bowls. The finished result was a disaster with lighter pieces on the mid lengths and a few darker strands on the ends... I guessed she'd make a mistake when applying the tints as she never worked cleanly & methodically but couldn't say anything as I was working on another client at the time. I left shortly after that as I didn't want my work to become associated with hers. Reputation is everything.

I agree with the others about not mentioning anything to the client directly especially as you are not 100% confident about fixing it.

My advice is to keep quiet, gain more experience and then move to a better salon.

Latest posts

Back