Does any one offer Minx mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtech7

Reaction score
hi everyone!
does anyone do minxs mobile? what kind of carry case do you keep it in?

is it easy to set it up in peoples houses?
also where do you find the prep that is on the training video?

hi everyone!
does anyone do minxs mobile? what kind of carry case do you keep it in?

is it easy to set it up in peoples houses?
also where do you find the prep that is on the training video?

There are quite allot of techs who offer Minx mobile. If they don't answer this post right away it is most likely because they are out Minxing!!

All you need is the infra red lamp to warm the Minx plus the prep and Minx. Very easy to set up anywhere.

All the things you need for doing Minx are available from Sweet Squared 08452106060 or any other of the S2 colleagues who are the only lisenced distributors for this product.

Where are you buying your Minx? If you are buying Minx legitimately then everything you need will be available from your Minx supplier. :green: There is a store in Manchester as well 01942 675580

Last edited:
As geeg said minx is very popular at the moment I do better turnover with shellac and minx, it's quick it's easy and it's a great Money maker, I can do a set of minx in 30 mins and I charge £22 for toes or £20 fingers.

I don't have the minx lamp I use a small table lamp with adjustable arm, although I will be purchasing the minx lamp when they bring one out for us mobile techs as it looks the part. I carry my minx folder prep stuff and other bits in little case rather than lug all my l&p shellac bits etc around aswell I do this also when doing shellac. Xx

I do most of my work mobile at the moment and find that Minx is one of the easiest things to set up. All you need to carry is the lamp and a small bag/folder with everything else in.

The only piece of advice I would give is to make sure you buy the extra stand for the lamp (from Sweetsquared), I didn't know that this was extra and only got the clamp with mine which has not proved to be a problem yet (after 3 months of Minxing), but I will be getting the extra stand when I next place an order.

And I highly recommend Minx for quality as well as quick, easy application and Sweetsquared for really good customer service.

I charge £25 for toes and £20 for fingernails and people love it...almost as much as I do!:green:

I Minx mobile as well, and it's a doddle. Lamp, prep and Minx - one of my favourite services!!

I do minx mobile as well no probs getting around with my gear lol

I do mobile, it's great as there's not much to carry.

Mobile minxing is the best as its much less messy than spa manis and pedis so less towels, less time, less shlepping of stuff.

I have a table top infra red lamp that I bought online. Its a godsend as its so small.

I put one of each minx design on a colour pop and then I hand the pops to the client to sift through while I set up. I find that they get the picture better when they are on a colour pop than just trying to look through the plastic sheeting.

just wondering where you got your lamps from ? does it need to be the 1 cnd sell ?

I put one of each minx design on a colour pop and then I hand the pops to the client to sift through while I set up. I find that they get the picture better when they are on a colour pop than just trying to look through the plastic sheeting.

That's a great idea.

I use the medisana lamp from amazon or if you type buy infared lamp into google I think the sight is health care for all and you can get replacement bulbs and the lamp from there. I love minxing mobile so easy and the bag is so light!! I just prep and minx on a towel I love it did a party tonight! I also offer a minx pedicure for an extra charge and take my basic pedi kit bowl and seat with me, and if doing a party its one trip to the car and ideal for all ages from kids to grannys!! Didnt think I would love minx as much as I do, I also get loads of bookings for other services out of it , becuse I find the ladys who get minxed like having things "done". At my party tonight there was another therapist doing eye lash extensions mobile while I minxed!xxxx:hug:

As geeg said minx is very popular at the moment I do better turnover with shellac and minx, it's quick it's easy and it's a great Money maker, I can do a set of minx in 30 mins and I charge £22 for toes or £20 fingers.

I don't have the minx lamp I use a small table lamp with adjustable arm, although I will be purchasing the minx lamp when they bring one out for us mobile techs as it looks the part. I carry my minx folder prep stuff and other bits in little case rather than lug all my l&p shellac bits etc around aswell I do this also when doing shellac. Xx

OMG! It only takes you 30 mins Katie?! It takes me nearly 90mins!!!! I am so slow! Did it always take you such a short amount of time?? (sorry to hijack thread!!)

Hi yeah it takes me around 30 mins too. With out pedicure obviously, i prep with cuticle away remove the cuticle away, remove shine with 240 grit, scrubfesh and put it on, with my lamp I turn it on while I prep as it gets boiling hot, then they melt under light in a few seconds, is this how you are doing it?xx

just wondering where you got your lamps from ? does it need to be the 1 cnd sell ?
hi i bought a normal desk lamp and a heat buld 240 watt and it works exactly the same as a minx lamp as the lamp does" not" need to be infrared and its less than half the price :)x

Hi yeah it takes me around 30 mins too. With out pedicure obviously, i prep with cuticle away remove the cuticle away, remove shine with 240 grit, scrubfesh and put it on, with my lamp I turn it on while I prep as it gets boiling hot, then they melt under light in a few seconds, is this how you are doing it?xx

I do a dry prep (depends) if return client I know shape etc,,if new client might be 40 min xx

I have my MINX in an A5 little photo album. This works well as the client can flick though the designs easily. xx

Sarahpoppy and katiebaby - i do the same as you but it still seems to take me 90 mins - dry prep, shape the free edge, scrubfresh, put the lamp on and heat up the minx - i think it's the cutting them into shape (the end closest to the eponychium never seems to be the right shape!!) and then trimming the ends and then filing the ends. I really don't know how i could do it any quicker. Argh!

Sarahpoppy and katiebaby - i do the same as you but it still seems to take me 90 mins - dry prep, shape the free edge, scrubfresh, put the lamp on and heat up the minx - i think it's the cutting them into shape (the end closest to the eponychium never seems to be the right shape!!) and then trimming the ends and then filing the ends. I really don't know how i could do it any quicker. Argh!
i find it easier to sometime start with the square end of the minx near the cuticle as some folk have square shaped toes like myself lol the more u do them the faster u will get i started doing them 5 months ago and was taking around an hour to do them now i can do them in 30-35 minutes also seems to take me longer if the clients have short toe nails the longer the toe nails the easier it seems to be xx

Hi, I must sound quite daft now but I just bougth TESCO table lamp for £2.99 and light bolb 40W and have done more than 50 MINX and is still going..... They last 4-6 weeks on toes and 1-2 weeks on hands. I have repetitive clients and I must say - once you try MINX you get hooked!

Where did you get the training video?

Latest posts

Back