Does anybody know what this could be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408736430.254179.jpg it's on my friends thigh

She said she doesn't feel right and has a banging headache and has rolled a glass and it's still there through the glass

I think she should see a doctor just to be safe. Probably nothing much but it does need to be checked asap. She needs to call gp out of hours. X

She said she doesn't feel right and has a banging headache and has rolled a glass and it's still there through the glass

If it is still there through a glass and she is having bad headaches she needs to go to the hospital ASAP or better still call the 111 nhs helpline and they can assist.
It's very important she gets it checked out these are worrying signs.

Xx

My husband had something similar last week, didn't fade under a glass and the area felt numb, he had 3 bites in the same area so figured it was related to those, He was going to go to walk in but he's stubborn and didn't go in the end. I would recommend if she feels ill she's best getting checked over to be on the safe side xx

Last edited:

Call 111 immediately. If it's doesn't disappear under pressure there's a risk if meningitis in which case time is of the essence. It may be nothing but absolutely not worth risking.

Hi I have ITP. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura It looks similar to this. Basically it's when your platelets drop dangerously low and you come out in burst blood vessels or tiny bleeds all over your body. Definitely worth going to the hospital to get checked over. X

Last edited:
This looks a bit like HSP (Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HEH-nok SHOON-line PURR-puh-ruh).

It's more likely found in children but very rarely in adults. My son had this and the rash looks similar. It does not disappear under a glass.

I would definitely advise your friend to go to hospital and get it checked out.

This looks a bit like HSP (Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HEH-nok SHOON-line PURR-puh-ruh).

It's more likely found in children but very rarely in adults. My son had this and the rash looks similar. It does not disappear under a glass.

I would definitely advise your friend to go to hospital and get it checked out.

My daughter had acute heamoragic odemea of infancy similar to hsp and it doesn't look like that but she had it covering her full arms and legs so maybe that's why :/

Did the person in the photo get checked over? Xx

Latest posts

Back