Does anyone belong to an LA fitness gym?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJK

Addicted to pilates geek
Reaction score
Does anyone belong to an LA fitness gym? If so, what is it like?

I am not interested in using the actual gym or the swimming pool, though I'd like to hear about them just in case. I definitely wouldn't use the sauna ever.

What I do want to join the gym for is the classes. My local-ish branch does a really good range of classes, in the morning which is when I want to go, including pilates, yoga, tai chi, aerobics, line dancing etc.

I really want somewhere where the class size isn't too big, and where you have an instructor who will watch what you are doing to correct any bad habits.

If you've been to, or are a member of an LA fitness gym, what's it like? Is it clean and are the staff nice? Have you done any classes and what are they like?

Me! I go mainly for the classes and love them, I'm currently addicted to body attack, love it!
I occasionally go to the gym, usually early in the morning so it's nice and quiet and then this week I'm going to start taking my youngest swimming whilst eldest is at pre-school.
Staff are all friendly, you can ask them anything you need to.
Ours needs a bit of a facelift but it's getting one soon I think. Doesn't stop me going and enjoying it though.

Hth

i have just joined the Bedford one. I had a free 5 day pass and thought I would just use that but I was so impressed with the gym that I signed up almost straight away.Theres a nice atmosphere, no poseurs and they are really helpful. I have done some of the classes : body pump, zumba, body balance and pilates , they have a good rangeof diverse classes and the studio is a good size.
With the machines you get 3 personal training sessions to start and then you can always ask one of the staff that are there for any help if u r in doubt. Overall I found it really friendly and clean. Havent tried the pool yet or the steam room but its on my list of things to do.

Thank you both so much for your responses - very helpful. I am now just building up courage to go and check out my local branch.

Latest posts

Back