Does anyone else have favourite clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Does anyone else have favourite clients like I do? I have 2 sisters who I spray tan every so often but whenever I go there I have a brilliant time. I have just done them this evening and the younger sister greeted me at the door with 'we have a surprise for you!' They had 2 baby rabbits who were gorgeous! And I'm not terribly gooey about these things, what with working with horses for years and then dogs for almost as many years you get a bit hardened to cutieness but these bunnies were scrummy!

It wasn't particularly the fact of the rabbits themselves, it was the fact that they were so excited about showing me the rabbits which is so lovely! They had obviously been planning it for ages and it was sooo sweet. I make them sound simple but really they aren't - one is deputy head of a primary school and the other is a nurse so obviously very intelligent girls but you understand what I mean.

So does anyone else have clients that they positively look forward to seeing? And if so why and do you do anything special for them?

Just being nosy you realise!

I have a few ladies who i enjoy our appointments, one of them I took out for a meal to celebrate her 50th birthday and brought her a surprise cake. She is loyal and advertises me everywhere she goes, she is like my surrogate mother.

I always say i'm blessed with my clients. Over time i usually develop a kind of friendship towards them. Most of my regular clients are just too good to be true. Very understanding, they chat about their lifes, i chat a bit about mine... It makes works a lot more pleasurable... Some even bring me souvenirs when they go on holidays or like tokens for Chistmas and such... I just love them all to bits!!!

I love most of my clients, but there are a few who are just that wee bit more extra special. It's funny, it's normally my older clients that I feel more towards, they love coming to me and don't feel rushed, I normally give them a extra hand massage at the end of their treatment and they really appreciate it.

I remember once when I went to a client's house, her little girl and I were chatting away while I was doing her mum's nails, and when we had finished she wanted me to stay for dinner! Bless her:green:

I must admit i do prefer older clients...i have felt awkward with some younger clients...at times like that i would just get my head down and do the work....some people though you just "click" with...something that you can not put your finger on...but you just accept that...we are all different,and we all have to accept people's idiosynchrisities.

As therapists and nail technicians,you have to be an extrovert,get gto personality...or there has to be an element of it in your carachter...at the end of the day you have to influence your clients,and show them you are in control...maybe i swayed off the topic a bit:lol:

i have a lots of favourite clients, got a fantastic florist near me called lazy daisy and a number of times ive had a bouquet delivered whilst my client is in having her nails done, for their birthday or need a cheer up, and one broke her collarbone and i had them sent to her house, it makes them feel so special just wish someone would do that to me lol

One of the reasons I love my job is because of the friendships I have made with my clients. I have regulars I call my friends as we have shared so much over the years. Working from home means they get to meet my family at times even though I try to keep it professional, but they like to talk to my kids and ask them about their lives, ie footy or school etc. My kids now have favourite clients.
I usually go out of my way at christmas to buy them pressies that are specific for each client rather than all getting wine or chocs.
I even invited my regulars to my husbands birthday party, seeing that they had met him.

I must admit i do prefer older clients...i have felt awkward with some younger clients...at times like that i would just get my head down and do the work....some people though you just "click" with...something that you can not put your finger on...but you just accept that...we are all different,and we all have to accept people's idiosynchrisities.

As therapists and nail technicians,you have to be an extrovert,get gto personality...or there has to be an element of it in your carachter...at the end of the day you have to influence your clients,and show them you are in control...maybe i swayed off the topic a bit:lol:

:wink2: Completly agree , cant beat the maturer ones, Ive seen alot of young ones come and go ,the maturer ones seem to stay , and appreciate your time with you , dont know if its just myself , but Ive a good handful of mature clients and I look forward to seeing them all, my eldest being 86, bless her,and I love her even more because she tips me, and praises my work.xx

Latest posts

Back