Does anyone know if there would be any problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michark

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a friend of a friend that is going through chemotherapy and radiation at the same time.She gets natural nail manicures done.

I'm just wondering if there would be anything to worry about if I were to do a manicure for her.We know how both treatments can affect hair,but what about nails?I don't know if I can do alot of filing.Do you think nail polish would stay on?

Any info would be great!
Thanks

hi

As you say chemo affects hair i believe it also affects nails too.

Just make sure you get the nod from the doctor b4 you carry out the treatment to 'cover yourself'

Let us know how you get on.

amb xx

I agree with Amber, it is best to check or get written confirmation from her GP before carrying out any treatments. Her immune system will be low and she will be prone to infection. Even, if she gets a scratch or small cut it could easily get infected (and need not be your fault). The other thing to bear in mind is that if you have something like a common cold, she shouldn't come into contact with you or others carrying the germs.

The positive thing about it though will be that if you are able to carry out the pampering she will feel a little bit better about herself.

I'm sending both you and your friend lots of love :Love: (because it is difficult for you as well to see your friend going through this):hug:

when my sister in law had chemotherapy her nails suffered terribly, they peeled, flaked and were basically in the worst condition i've ever seen them, after she'd finished her treatment she started to have them done professionally and now they're back to normal.
how about giving her a luxury manicure without doing any buffing?
however, as already mentioned, make sure she consults her doctor first, just to be on the safe side.
:hug: xx

ValencianNails said:
when my sister in law had chemotherapy her nails suffered terribly, they peeled, flaked and were basically in the worst condition i've ever seen them, after she'd finished her treatment she started to have them done professionally and now they're back to normal.
how about giving her a luxury manicure without doing any buffing?
however, as already mentioned, make sure she consults her doctor first, just to be on the safe side.
:hug: xx

My mum has just had chemo and she is at the mo having radiotherapy. Her nails are just as fab as ever but her toenails are having a crisis. Not doing too much buffing but giving her a "luxury" man & ped when possible. Spoke to the doc and had the ok. It gives her a lift and she likes to take pride in her nails regardless of the situation we are all in. (which is really crap) I like to think that whatever i do makes her feel a bit better, like she says - when she having a treatment she likes to look her best! Bless her she has no hair etc but she has pride.

Latest posts

Back