Does anyone logo their cars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a professional sign writing on my car it looked fab until I had to do the M25 jaunt and more than once when cars were bumper to bumper I'd get texts from a lorry driver behind me or a commuter in another car sending messages that were asking for more than a haircut. Then the car was replaced I never replaced the ad again even now I get the same weirdo texting, what people do when there bored eh!

I had a professional sign writing on my car it looked fab until I had to do the M25 jaunt and more than once when cars were bumper to bumper I'd get texts from a lorry driver behind me or a commuter in another car sending messages that were asking for more than a haircut. Then the car was replaced I never replaced the ad again even now I get the same weirdo texting, what people do when there bored eh!

GOOD POINT!
I think I'll just get a weblink for my business put on my next car magnet from vistaprint.
I certainly don't want to get weird phone calls whilst sitting in traffic :rolleyes:

My other half worked as an insurance broker until Feb this year and he says that if you add your business details to your car (either sign writing or magnets) it needs business cover.

So you shouldn't be using a 'socail and comuting' policy. You need a 'class 3 business use' policy (the most expensive one :rolleyes:).

Lol as usual! I'm getting 'business use for you' can you ask him if that includes social too for me please? (no one answered my other post) and if this would cover me long as I removed them if someone else was driving? Thanks in advance x

Lol as usual! I'm getting 'business use for you' can you ask him if that includes social too for me please? (no one answered my other post) and if this would cover me long as I removed them if someone else was driving? Thanks in advance x

Hi
My other half said he has not heard of a policy called 'business use for you' but business policies in general would allow you to drive your car socially as it is an extension of a social policy.

Anyone else driving the car (even if signage was still on it) would only need social, domestic & pleasure cover unless they are employed by you/the company or are using the car for their own business (even if different to yours).

Thank you hun. Nah I don't think thats the right term anyway, just what the option is called on confused.com lol! Hopefully I've chosen the right one but will ring them up tomorrow and hopefully gently push them into reducing the premium for me too ;) lol x

Hope the information helped.

My other half said 'good luck with that' when I read out that you are hoping to gently push them into reducing the premium for you.

He also says 'to read all the paperwork that comes if you have done it online as they have a habit of changing the information you input to suit what they want - if they have done this and you dont correct it over the phone after checking the policy you can end up with a policy that does not actually cover you for what you need and would be left uncovered in some events'.

Thank you that does really help. Haha I can only try! I decided to get a quote then check everything through with them over the phone before I buy it. If anything does change I will put up a fight lol I'm only 20 so you can imagine what my premiums are like as it is! I think it's diamond or their group anyway so will ask them to throw in handbag cover too if it's not included. Say thank you from me, very much appreciated :) x

Ps sorry to the op for going off topic...

LOGOS! Great idea! x

Latest posts

Back