Does anyone logo their cars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
The reason I am asking this is because this is a really powerful form of advertising that I think a lot of people are missing out on.

I spent 8 years running a branch of a worldwide franchise that has logoed vehicles running around in 80 different branches across the UK, with over 500 logoed vehicles in the fleet. In addition, last year, we/they distributed hundreds of thousands of leaflets in door to door campaigns. A customer research exercise uncovered some very interesting facts - not least of which was that every one of the customers interviewed had had leaflets through their doors on more than one occasion, but they all cited the car as being the thing they noticed the most. I was called many a time by someone following one of my teams. Of course, as beauty/nail/hair techs we don't have the large numbers of vehicles that a franchise organisation does, but the principles of advertising are ones we can all capitalise on relatively inexpensively.

Logo up your car with your salon/business name and phone number - especially mobile techs. Bio sculpture (as I'm sure do many others) offer window stickers - have one in your car. At each home where you have a client, flyer or business card 10 houses each side of your client and 20 opposite (where possible) or make up a small leaflet on the PC - we are in your area - please call. If they are home, they will have seen your car and they will see your flyer. They may not do anything about it the first time they see it, but your name/brand will be loosely imprinted in their mind. Next month, do it again. It doesn't cost a lot but is quite likely to bring in some business.

You may be :suprised:

Very good advice! Vistaprint do relatively cheap magnets and window stickers for your car, much cheaper than getting it signwritten (and less permanent if you need to change your car!).

I don't know if you've seen business card holders you can put on your car windscreen too? Something like these Outdoor Vehicle Business Card Holder Box for Cars, Vans & Shops - VehicleCardHolders.com | Exterior Business Card Holders for Cars & Vans

Another tip I was once given was to never give just one business card to a person, always give 3. They're more likely to pass them on to someone else then.

Yes ive got a sticker on the back window of my car and made my husband put one on his as well the 1st one i got made online was very small when it came so i ordered a bigger one OMG big wasnt the word lol but i trimmed it up :) i dont know how i can see out the window sometimes i park my car in diffrent spots everyday so hopefully lots of people will see it

Like the cleaning service! Molly maid is it? Yeah I agree advertising on your car is def worth it. The amount of times I see cars with business name, headline and number on them and think ooo and sometimes take the number down :) ...now just to get me a yummy car :/ x

Our salon owner has our logo on her car and we get loads of business from it. I'm trying to persuade the other half to let me do ours :)

I had the Vistaprint magnets on the side of my car but never had any enquiries from it.

In the last few weeks, I have some vinyl lettering professionally designed and applied down the whole side of my car with my web address and phone number.

I have been inundated with calls!

I would definitely recommend it as an effective form of advertising.

(only downfall is, I can no longer give finger actions or dirty looks to all the numptys who pull out in front of me and I feel I have to look presentable when I'm out and about in the car as it all reflects on the image of my business. So no more running down to Tesco in my tacky jogging suit)! LOL

Aardvark signworks do brilliant sign work highly recommended!!

Anything from vehicle wraps to window transfers.

They also do web and logo design and all printwork!

xx

Its deffo something im going to do in the future, but i think ill wait for my next car.....something posh lol

Ive just got a new car so looked into doing it but i think my windows are too tinted for it to show. Do they do small magnets that can go above my numberplate? Has anyone had this done?

I'd say think it through thoroughly though. Couple of incidents i'd cite. Was behind a mobile hairdresser yesterday who had her back window signed. The writing was pink and tbh you couldn't read it very well at all - it needed to be against a black background rather than glass. Secondly, I know of a friend who had her car beautifully signwritten but unfortunately had her car keyed by someone (she has her suspicions it was a rival) right through the writing and it looked a mess.

Just a couple of words of caution

Hi, I have the back window done on my car, theres a pic in my album i think, I think its a good for of advertising, it cost me around the £90 mark x

I'd say think it through thoroughly though. Couple of incidents i'd cite. Was behind a mobile hairdresser yesterday who had her back window signed. The writing was pink and tbh you couldn't read it very well at all - it needed to be against a black background rather than glass. Secondly, I know of a friend who had her car beautifully signwritten but unfortunately had her car keyed by someone (she has her suspicions it was a rival) right through the writing and it looked a mess.

Just a couple of words of caution

I used to be an Ann Summers rep and we had window signs. In the end the management recalled them and stopped using them as so many people had their cars broke into and kits stolen.

Like the cleaning service! Molly maid is it? Yeah I agree advertising on your car is def worth it. The amount of times I see cars with business name, headline and number on them and think ooo and sometimes take the number down :) ...now just to get me a yummy car :/ x

Yep, I was one of those Franchise Owners!

Hi ladies

just wondered does this affect your car insurance at all? Sure I read something about insurance re sign writing but can't for the life of me think what it said. Also with regards to road tax and sign writing is your vehicle then classed as a commercial vehicle?

Many thanks

xxx

Hi ladies

just wondered does this affect your car insurance at all? Sure I read something about insurance re sign writing but can't for the life of me think what it said. Also with regards to road tax and sign writing is your vehicle then classed as a commercial vehicle?

Many thanks

xxx

Yeah Im wondering the same actually as I have magnets on my doors but have taken them off just incase as insurance is coming to see my car to try and prove I didnt give whiplash to a woman in standstill traffic on the motorway!!! hope someone can answer this!!

If your insurance is "social and commuting" then they would have something to say about that sign... Unless they know your job is mobile beauty already

I'd just be worried that if I upset someone on the roads they'd know where to find me!!! Lol.

It will very much depend on your insurer....Admiral offer discounts for logoed vehicles because they figure a professional vehicle will be well looked after because of the portrayal of the business image, less likely to be stolen etc.....sorry that's not much help, you should call your insurers

I have the magnet ones from vistaprint as didn't want to ruin my car or it's resale value, think they look ok xx

My other half worked as an insurance broker until Feb this year and he says that if you add your business details to your car (either sign writing or magnets) it needs business cover.

So you shouldn't be using a 'socail and comuting' policy. You need a 'class 3 business use' policy (the most expensive one :rolleyes:).

Latest posts

Back