Does French Gelish get stained if you put nail polish on top of it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nila

Reaction score
I have a client wants clear&white french with Gelish, but she said she would like to match her nails with her clothes and if that's ok to paint them with normal nail polish and remove them afterwards. As far as I know it's ok to paint them and I said yes but I doubted myself coz I know French Gelish get stained with make up, cooking spices etc.

Does anybody know if they get stained with nail polish as well?

I've tried this on myself and yes it did xx

I have a client wants clear&white french with Gelish, but she said she would like to match her nails with her clothes and if that's ok to paint them with normal nail polish and remove them afterwards. As far as I know it's ok to paint them and I said yes but I doubted myself coz I know French Gelish get stained with make up, cooking spices etc.

Does anybody know if they get stained with nail polish as well?

I've got a client who has French Gelish and paints her nails in between appointments with no problems. Xx

Now I'm confused. someone said yes, another no...
So what should I tell her???

Now I'm confused. someone said yes, another no...
So what should I tell her???

Lol! Maybe it depends on the polish? Perhaps some stain and others don't? X

I'd tell her to use a base coat, just in case.

xxx

Thanks Emily, I was thinking not to take a risk and just tell her not to use polish but what you said is a very good idea, never came to my mind. Brilliant!

Lol if it does, just polish over it again.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I'd also suggest non acetone polish remover. Your client may not think of that. (gelish may be resistant...I can't wear it-allergic, so haven't tried)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I do Geleration not Gelish but I think it's quite similar. The French geleration does stain with cooking spices etc too! I recommend clients use a base coat under their polish if they are painting over it and also that they don't do it too often as repeated soaking with an acetone nail polish remover could eventually make any edges start to lift. It does this on my own after a couple of weeks of doing other peoples nails!!

Latest posts

Back