Does your treatment time include changing time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
If your price list says 1 hour facial, do you give a one hour facial or you include the changing time in the hour?

I exclude changing time in my price lists. I block out 15mins change over time for facials and massage to give the client time to get up without rushing.

Just wondering what fellow geeks do?

If I advertise time then the client gets that whole time, I feel thats what they are paying for x

If your price list says 1 hour facial, do you give a one hour facial or you include the changing time in the hour?

I exclude changing time in my price lists. I block out 15mins change over time for facials and massage to give the client time to get up without rushing.

Just wondering what fellow geeks do?

Same as you treacle. A 1 hour treatment is 1 hour for the treatment. The changing, paying & re-booking time is not included in the price and would only be cheating someone if it was. I leave 15 mins in between clients for all that & for me to change towels & products, cup of tea, nip to the loo, bit of cleaning etc.

I think this is the best way to do it. I worked at a spa where the consultation and everything was included in the treatment time

Theres nothing worse than booking in for a 1 hr massage and getting 55 or 50mins because of consultation changing etc. that really makes me mad.

An hour is an hour and those few mins make every bit of difference:)

It totally depends upon how your brochure/pricing is worded. It is really necessary to put a time on everything in your brochure? For instance, our facials all have different times depending upon the type of facial. The price is for that facial - not for the time it takes to do the facial. So consultation and changeover time is factored into the booking process and when determining price structure is a consideration - which it has to be for all businesses. Just depends upon how it is worded.

We price our facials by time as we offer a huge range of treatments and the therapists will do whatever they recommend in that time.
If the client books an hour, then we allow an hour and fifteen in the book to cover consultation and room prep before the next client.

My brochure specifies 'appointment time' not treatment time. this includes changing and paying and if they are late they know that they will still get the same appointment time. I will never run late for appointments as that is very unfair for the next client who has arrived on time. i always try and factor in 15 minutes between appointments.

I offer 25 minute and 55 minute treatments. That gives me chance to change over and re-book.

I don't have a buffer at one of my venues its an appointment on the hour and I'm usually fully booked.

The other venue I am more flexible and do put in a buffer especially if its a 'messy' treatment like a body wrap.

Latest posts

Back