doing my own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqui

Reaction score
hi
as i have done my training on the nail trainer, i would like to try and do my own nails before doing family and friends.
the problem i think i will have is doing my right hand.
can someone plz give me some tips on how to do them.
thanks

I actually can do (and find it easier to do than polishing) a full set of sculpted P&W's on myself. I have a good amount of control in my left hand but, it's much easier if you lay your right hand on the table, fingers pointing left, and apply the acrylic that way. Understand that it will be easier at first to do tips and one color but, with practice, you can graduate and have both hands actually look the same. Good luck!

Hi Jacqui!

Just make sure you take your time and go gently, also make sure you view the nails from all angles as it's alot easier to 'miss bits' when working on the other hand (I don't know why, it's not like your eyes are left or right handed is it!! :D ) and when you come to shape them go easy! I found at first I overfiled one side all the time and the looked all wonky! Make sure you press the product in good at the cuticle zone, sometimes you are just so happy it is in the right place that you forget to press! Good luck!

J xx

Its something i used to have to syke myself up to do when it came to doing my own. But 1 thing i would say is do your hardest hand first. That way if you really don't like how its going you won't feel so annoyed that youhave one hand looking good and the other looking awful. Give yourself plenty of time and as Jo said take it slow and just be careful.

When i do my smiles i always seem to go slightley higher on the right side when doing my smiles. So make sure you keep looking at you nails from all angles. Especially when checking youe apex. Good luck, its fun to be able to do your own, but don't get disheartened if it doesn't go right first time.

yes u do need a steady hand and end up holding yr right hand at all angles but the trick is to make sure each finger u do is really well supported (either flat on a surface or supported by your other fingers(bit hard to explain) and have your elbow on the right hand supported well too..take your time but don't be too slow with it as I find trying too hard makes it much harder..hope this helps :)

But 1 thing i would say is do your hardest hand first ! =QUOTE said:
I always paint my easies hand first and it takes me days to get around to doing the other. Might try your advice!!! I just wish you could pull you hand off and paint it and stick it back on!!!!:D

bec if u do a search there is a thread mentioning this very subject lol(schming schmong nails I think it's called)..oh no lets not go there again :eek: LOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back