Doing nails for other nail techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to get all your opinions on working on another techs nails. In my area I really struggle to find other nails girls that will do my nails, most seem so hesitant or just don’t reply. I did find someone but they have since refused to do my nails as we now both offer the same brand.

What is your opinion on this? I find it so frustrating as I am over the moon when another tech asks me to do theirs, and take it as a huge compliment.

It's intimidating unless you are super confident, but such a great opportunity to bounce ideas off each other, tips and tricks and sagood old moan about clients :p:D

It's intimidating unless you are super confident, but such a great opportunity to bounce ideas off each other, tips and tricks and sagood old moan about clients :p:D

Yes I totally agree! I learn so much from others

I do several nail techs and don’t mind at all.
I found it intimidating the first time but it doesn’t bother me at all now, it’s quite flattering.

I found it intimidating the first time but it doesn’t bother me at all now, it’s quite flattering.

Ciderella??? Is that you? Why are you showing as a new member? Where have you been..I was looking for you the other day :cool:

Isn’t it just! To know another tech loves your work that much. I was just so shocked to be dumped as a client 12 hours before my appointment because we use the same brand [emoji33]

Ciderella??? Is that you? Why are you showing as a new member? Where have you been..I was looking for you the other day :cool:

It’s me!! I think I’ve logged into an old account by mistake as I haven’t been on here for ages.

Logged into the correct account now.....

You have been missed lovely lady !! Welcome back..... Big hug to you xx

And where have you been???? Did you apply for leave of absence?? :D

[emoji23]
Just been so busy I haven’t had time recently.....

I end up having to go to the Thai nail bars. I can’t stand them but at least they will let me in. Other nail people near me either ignore my messages or cancel on me. I figure my standards are too high. I’ve been seeing the same massage lady for nearly 10 years but we rarely discuss business, I go there to relax. When i’ve gone for other stuff sometimes I don’t even say what I do as I can’t stand talking about it I just want to escape.

Other hand, have no problem with others coming to me unless they start picking up my file are chatting shit...asking me personal or business questions. There’s a difference between can you help me figure out what I should do in this situation and I need help VS how much are your bills/where do you buy this/how much is your mortgage/why do you use this/what type of clients do you get/what is your most popular treatment etc.

I end up having to go to the Thai nail bars. I can’t stand them but at least they will let me in. Other nail people near me either ignore my messages or cancel on me. I figure my standards are too high. I’ve been seeing the same massage lady for nearly 10 years but we rarely discuss business, I go there to relax. When i’ve gone for other stuff sometimes I don’t even say what I do as I can’t stand talking about it I just want to escape.

Other hand, have no problem with others coming to me unless they start picking up my file are chatting shit...asking me personal or business questions. There’s a difference between can you help me figure out what I should do in this situation and I need help VS how much are your bills/where do you buy this/how much is your mortgage/why do you use this/what type of clients do you get/what is your most popular treatment etc.

Phew I am so glad it’s not just me! I was beginning to wonder if I was a nightmare client ‍♀️ so frustrating as I’m sure you know. Wish I could just be treated as a client and not another girl that does nails [emoji38] I totally agree I wish we could all stick together in this industry a bit more. Sometimes it feels so lonely xx

Latest posts

Back