Donating vouchers/prizes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was just hoping I could get some advise on donating of vouchers. I run a home salon doing tinting & waxing and Ive been asked to participate by donating a door prize/salon vouchers in a fund raiser for cancer.

I am more than happy to participate, however now Im trying to work out how and what? Is it better to offer a particular service or services up to the value of? or do I do percentage off vouchers? any advise on T & Cs? Its my first time at doing this so I dont want to be caught off guard though again Im happy to participate and its a great cause.

Thanks for your advise :)

I have a charity do on the 27th, I'm going to enter 1 free spray tan and also a 50%off voucher. May seem steep but I'm also spreading business cards and leaflets everywhere as not long started up so using more as advertising.
Someone on here said before offer things like mani or pedi so they don't cost you alot x

Thanks for your reply Kirstielou. I only do waxing and tinting so can't offer a pedi etc though would've been a good idea :) are you puutting any terms and conditions on the vouchers?

I would do an eyebrow package wax and tint. Almost everyone needs waxing so you can't go wrong with that. And it gives you an opportunity to spread the word about your business and gain new clients.
;)

as said why dont you do an eye treatment tint and wax. i put a time limit on mine

Thanks for your reply Kirstielou. I only do waxing and tinting so can't offer a pedi etc though would've been a good idea :) are you puutting any terms and conditions on the vouchers?

I've put a 6 month time limit on, long enough for them to use it for an event they may have meaning more word of mouth!
As the others said do a brow package, cheap for you! Rember to put on about tint test though xx

I always put a Treatment on rather than a monetary amount.
You can't be too careful - People might ask for change!

I only put a 3 month Validity on it instead of my usual 6 months.

You need to think about your terms and conditions - as you mentioned. I'd put a shorter time limit on it. No more than 3 months and also, if you list what the treatment is, be prepared that the winner could ask for something different to the same value. Also, will it be transferrable?

Thank you all for your replies! Great advise, most appreciated! Now off to design a voucher :)

Latest posts

Back