Done a runner!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
I’ve been going to my local hair salon 5 or 6 times a year for the last 6 years. My next appointment is booked for July, but I walked past there yesterday and the whole place was boarded up, with a sign on the window saying ‘due to non-payment of rent and bills over a number of months, XXX will no longer be trading from this premises.’ Am quite annoyed, I’ve been going there for years and I’ve had not a phone call, not an email nothing! Is this common practice?

I don't know, but my hairdresser moved and didn't tell me - I could've taken that very personally. To be honest, if things were so bad that they have been chucked out, the last thing on their minds might have been letting people know. Alternatively, they may contact you in advance of your appointment to say either a) We've moved or b) We're doing mobile!!!

The wording believes me to think that it is not the business owner that has written it. It sounds like it's been written by the landlord.

If a business is suffering and decides to move to save money they wouldn't really be advertising the fact they are short of money by saying publically that they have unpaid bills. It looks like they have been kicked out or the landlord has taken back posession of his premises, they may have been told he was going to do this in advance but more likely that he would have just gone in late one night and changed the locks, put up the notice etc.. meaning they don't have access to anything that was still in the shop - this may be the client record cards along with equipment and products.

There is a chance they may have relocated or decided to go mobile but they may have closed up and gone bust. Time to look for a new place to get your hair done by the looks of it.

Sounds like the Landlord wrote the note. I am guessing that your hairdresser might be hoping to set up in a new premises and just send a text later saying they have moved.

Otherwise they may send a text nearer the appointment time.

This kind of things happens.
If you have only been 5 or 6 times in 6 years its unlikely they will contact you with you not being a regular.

Five or six times *a year* for six years! I think I'm a regular client. It's a shame, really nice salon and ambience, and I loved their cuts. Might see if I can track them down on the internet :)

Latest posts

Back