dont know if cut out for it!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne2005

Reaction score
help follow geeks,
just come off the phone to my friend only to find out her friend and her friends sister who's nails i did last week, and i few nails have just 'come off' cant believe it they looked ace when i left and was dead happy with them and cant think why this has happened and my be am just not cut out to be a nail tec even though i love everything nails and love doing them!! just fell as it looks dead bad on me and just feel feed up:Scared: just don't know wot 2 do.

Aw hun - she could be heavy handed or a picker, its very rare nails just fall off - don't be too hard on yourself hun
Please fill in your profile so we know a bit more about you hun xxxxxxxxxxx

I have been thru this stage once, my mum's friend came to have her nails done, they looked amazing when I'd finished and she was well chuffed.....my mum seen her a week later and she said they had all came off....but she admitted it was due to some special hand wash she uses at her work, I felt so bad and was gonna drop out of my course and everything. My advice is just stick with it....you will have good times and bad times and eventually they will all just be good day!
Chin up!

Joanne hunny, without seeing the nails in question you can't make a decision on what could have gone wrong... ask the client to come to see you and bring the 'fallen' nails with her..... when she turns up wipe her nails with Scrubfresh or a little bit of acetone, this will show up ANY damage that might be on the nailplate, you can see from looking at the nailplate whether the nails have been 'helped off' or whether it's something else that's caused the problem.
whatever you do, dont' blame youself, it's early days hunny, we all went through it at some point or another, you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and TELL YOURSELF that you can do it.
you know where we are babes :hug: xx

Stop killing yourself over it!! I was just the same when I started (not that long ago) and it got me know nowhere but more down in the dumps:irked: .

Nails don't just fall off hun. Ask her how it happened/what they were doing at the time. Look at where the nail broke, maybe your stress area needs to a little thicker? xx

you are all so kind and i don't know wot i would do with out all your help and advice you have given me!!:hug: "wot would i do with out this site"

joanne2005 said:
help follow geeks,
just come off the phone to my friend only to find out her friend and her friends sister who's nails i did last week, and i few nails have just 'come off' cant believe it they looked ace when i left and was dead happy with them and cant think why this has happened and my be am just not cut out to be a nail tec even though i love everything nails and love doing them!! just fell as it looks dead bad on me and just feel feed up:Scared: just don't know wot 2 do.

Joanne - do a SEARCH on 'they just fell off' - it will REALLY HELP YOU!!;)

Don't give up! everyone has their ups and downs. I only completed my foudation in december and the worst person was my model who has been my guinea pig from the start. I've done so many sets of nails on her that are lucky if they last 4 days without just "falling off" and somefreebies on other friends.I thought I'm relly cr*p at this. But I got myself a few paying clients and they keep coming back. I do my own nails and ok they're not that good but they don't fall off and they don't lift! I've had 3 new clients in the last 2 weeks......... and no "they've fallen off calls"
Seems to me that the people I don't charge are the ones whose nails "fall off"

Don't give up.

One of the biggest things I found in the beginning was that I used to think it was my fault if clients lost their nails.

Being a little more experienced now, I know that, most of the time it is usually something they have done.

Don't automatically think its your fault hun. See her and access the situation. If you do think you are to blame, just learn from it and move on.

We all make mistakes, its learning how to deal with them that makes you a better tech.

Good luck.

Love

Claire x x:hug:

Clairet said:
We all make mistakes, its learning how to deal with them that makes you a better tech
ain't that the truth?
we all come a long way form our initial induction/conversion/foundation days.
we learn to know whats 'allowed' and whats a complete load of tosh.....

i am the same some one rings and says 2 just popped of i would be offering them free repairs for nothing.I still am not 100% confidant but a bit more training and i will be we learn all the time i have clients and never see them again and still think my nails must be crap but 6 months later they ring and book again because 70% of pepole cant wear them all the time due to work etc i have some clients who never moan even if they lose a tip they dont ring and just wait untill maintence others ring all the time like you are on call 27/7.We all get disheartend in the earily days and you do seem to grow thick skin you have to or we would all be quivering wrecks chin up girl it can only get better training is really good for building your skills and confidance book a course as soon as poss be the best thing you can do.

As everyone else has said, Joanne, stick with it - it's usually something they have done as nails don't "just fall off". Hang in there, girl!!

keep it going hun i know where you are coming from hun, i felt the same everytime i done a set of nails i would wait for the phone to ring and if it did i would dread it was a client saying one had fallen off, but as everyone says with a bit more experience you will be confident enough to know it may not have been your fault and as sandie says (valencian nails) you can tell if they have had a helping hand to come off by the marks that are left on the nailplate, dont give up hun stick with it x x besides look what you would be mssing if you did give up **the geeks** take care let us know how you get on x

jules x

jules x

I think most people go through a fase of thinking they are crap and don't want to carry on, I've felt like this a couple of times, but i think you just have to pick yourself up ( hard I know) and get on with things.

As everyone has said nails don't just fall off and people like to lie about picking at them etc..

I hope everything works out and you feel better about things soon

Latest posts

Back