Double base colour 88/0

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minxymoo11

Reaction score
First post

Hi my client usually has 77/0 and 8/0 equal parts retouch and taken through to the ends, after lock down she had more grey and a larger root than usual and wanted the colour slightly lighter - i used 88/0.

This has gone darker than when i use the 77/0 +8/0. I want to make this slightly lighter for her - what would you recommend scattered fine highlights of bleach or does anyone think 12/1 - 12% would lift?

thanks

First post

Hi my client usually has 77/0 and 8/0 equal parts retouch and taken through to the ends, after lock down she had more grey and a larger root than usual and wanted the colour slightly lighter - i used 88/0.

This has gone darker than when i use the 77/0 +8/0. I want to make this slightly lighter for her - what would you recommend scattered fine highlights of bleach or does anyone think 12/1 - 12% would lift?

thanks
12/1and 12% wouldn't really cut it. I'd probably just do some really fine sections of bleach +1.9%

I imagine why it has gone darker is because 88/0 is more opaic then 8/0. I don't think lifting it would do well. Even if you did 12/1 12% you're still risking banding. I feel as though adding highlights could break it up but if you can try and wash it out then that maybe a good option. Within 48 hours they are still technically expanding. So shampooing it may reduce some of the opaicness if its within that 48hour window. It's likely technically the same pigment however there is just a higher concentration.

I would do the highlights as a last resort but give it a goe and see if a clarifying Shampoo will help fade it.

I'd say give it time. Colours are really intense to begin with. A couple of washes can really make a difference. Maybe focus more on a lighter shade for her next appointment rather than mess around too much with it right now and potentially making more work for yourself x

Latest posts

Back