Double dipping makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree about using your hands! It helps melt the make up into the skin.. I feel especially cream blush looks so fake if it isn't smudged in with the heat of hands.
As long as you have clean hands and nails and use your hand gel regularly, I don't see the problem. x

Oh gosh...of course, I'm sure there is nothing wrong at all with using the back of hands. .. like I said it's just me...ha ha . ..!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

While I would never double dip a mascara wand , I don't even use the same wand on both eyes I do a fresh wand for each eye :) I just can't understand how using the back of your hand as a palette or using you fingers to apply or blend something can be seen as bad practise ??

I have no problem admitting that I regularly apply moisturiser to my clients using my fingers and also blend in under eye concealer with my ring finger , seriously guys is this health and safety gone mad ??

Haha I totally agree with you my fingers are some times my best asset when applying certain products! As long as you take proper hygiene precautions what's the harm?! X

I did the Oonagh Boman Makeup course a few years back, but due to circumstances haven't really done anything with it until recently. In half way through my NVQ L2 Beauty and have become very aware of cross contamination and double dipping.

But here's the thing, during this very expensive and well known course we were taught a few things that I am now questioning.

Mascara - we were taught to use the mascara wand, and not a disposable one as the mascara wands included on the lid are the best to use and that disposables are no good. She said that you can tell if someone has an eye infection and if there's nothing visible it's perfectly ok.

Does anyone agree or disagree with this? She's a very well known makeup artist so I'd like to think what she says is true but my basic (and still learning) knowledge on cross contamination is saying it's not ok! There are other things, for example eye liner gel. Surely I should be scooping a small amount out of the pot to use?

Simple, disagree! Make up artist! Not infection control advisor, she is wrong! :)

So her argument is that infections are visible?
HIV?
Hep B?
Another fact these are transmissible in tears! Breast milk, etc etc.

I'm horrified at how irresponsible she is, shes not a dr nor does she have microscopic vision so how on earth would she know if someones had an infection.

I use hands to apply as long as they're clean and client has no contraindications as per other treatments. I prefer a palette but occasionally mix on my hand- again if I've washed and used anti bac. Never ever double dip, always decant, sanitise brushes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back