Double dipping news please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Again, those with HSV2 have viral shedding which is how most people contract it. The virus enters an opening in their body because of a skincell that came off of a person with it. It is not called genital warts because of HOW it is contracted. That is where the symptoms show up although someone can get HSV2 symptoms in their mouth, they cannot get HSV1 on their genitals.

Let me be clear, I am not saying everyone has it and everyone will get it. I'm saying that the one person WITH IT is very contagious. That one single person. Not everyone.

You people obviously need to find better suppliers if you are saying disposable applicators are expensive.

Ok before we scaremonger here.The virus is very contagious but is also extremely sensitive to temperature so is very unlikely to live in a wax pot it only lives for a few seconds out of its environment.

I also think you have me confused with someone else i didnt say disposable applicators are expensive i said we should be concerned about the environment and using so many wooden spatulas. I repeat I mostly use a roller.

Herpes can break out after trauma to the skin so those who thought they caught it from waxing probably had it before and the waxing just stirred the virus into action.I truly do not believe you can catch herpes from wax and im not advocating double dipping just talking sense because if a member of public comes on this board and reads this they are going to be worried sick.

Last edited:
Just hopping on this thread, I don't double dip for hot or warm wax. I use disposable spatulas and tissue one end so each one is used twice but only touches the wax then skin once.

However... I would prefer to use a metal spatula for warm wax and have 5 of them, I have tried putting them in solvent and then when I reach the fifth spatula going back to the first to wipe off the wax but it just won't come off, it seems to need an hour soaking!

What am I doing wrong and is there a mega strong solvent for warm wax?

I use Lycon & Australian BC warm wax and Lycon solvent. The solvent is amazing at whipping off the wax from my warm heater but I just can't master the metal spatula cleaning!

Help!

My Berins/Berodin Wax Off is amazinging at removing wax, BUT I wouldn't soak, I would wipe immediately and that just isn't time effective. See what Fozzyo says about our time...

I do not double dip however if you do a search on the internet there is varying opinions even between Doctors. It is true according to one herpes website that it can be passed on even if no symptoms are present but is usually via skin to skin contact.

However there does seem to be concern that a wax pot is not of a high enough temp to kill off strep and staph infections and that seems to be the main reason why double dipping should not be encouraged. I double dipped for years as that was the way I was trained and was unaware of any adverse affects - however I do not think you can be too careful when dealing with the public and feel I would like the treatment to be as sanitary as possible if I were the client.:cool:

Oh dear.....the more I read threads about double dipping, the more glad I am that I have switched to a wax roller cartridge system! One roller head and one wax cartridge dedicated to each client....no possible risk of
cross-contamination no matter how small.

I will use a pot and spatula for small areas but will always use a fresh wooden spatula for each dip.

I do wonder if eventually double-dipping will be illegal in this country, health and safety being what it is these days.

We'll see....

PB
x

Latest posts

Back