Doug Schoon Downunder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
well i was looking forward to this visit ..... BUT ..... it's on the Friday of the comps (which means me taking yet another day off) ... $400.00 + the fee to attend $275.00, then there's the nail show on sat (taking another day off (which i usually do to judge .... $400.00 in takings again) , the show also goes on Sunday.
Well can you see where I'm going with this ?
It would be nice is he was a guest speaker during the show, rather than my weekend (including meeting a very interesting man costing me a considerable amount of money).
I'm disappointed .... ho hum, it would be great if Doug chose to spread his knowledge across the board to all product users (to make us all better, more educated users/technicians) rather than making this an "outside of the nailshow" (dare i say .... grab at money promoted by Creative Australia). There are people doing speeches and presentations during the show to help all involved in the industry. I must also say, I have had no outside notification of Doug's visit, although I do get Creative reps every now and then, and am on the mailing list from previous shows (which I have attended as a competitor, demonstrator, judge, visitor ... 100% since 1988)

I don't know many techs here in AUS with an interest is chemicals as much as me ...... guess the question and answer will be boring without feedback from the truly curious. Although due to people I consider "mates", I have Doug's email.... but was saving many questions to ask in an arena environment to hopefully educate others with my curiosity.

Lets hope i run into him at the show sometime. I really can't afford to take all that time off work ... nor disappoint my clients booked in on those days.

This is in no way slating Doug .... nor Creative .... it's merely about freely sharing the professional knowledge that we now need to combat the continuous invasion of the NSS that threaten many of our livelyhoods.
I was exited till i downloaded the PDF ...... i may just wear 3D glasses just for the fun of it ....

well i was looking forward to this visit ..... BUT ..... it's on the Friday of the comps (which means me taking a day off) ... $400.00 + the fee to attend $275.00, then there's the nail show on sat (taking the day off, usually to judge .... $400.00 in takings again) , the show also goes on Sunday.
Well can you see where i'm going with this ?
It would be nice is he was a guest speaker during the show, rather than my weekend (including meeting a very interesting man costing me a considereable amount of money).
I'm dissapointed .... ho hum, it would be great if Doug chose to spread his knowledge across the board to all product users (top make us all better, more educated users/technicians) rather than making this an "outside of the nailshow" (dare i say .... grab at money).
I don't know many techs here in AUS with an interest is chemicals as much as me ...... guess the question and answer will be boring without feedback from the truly curious.
Lets hope i run into him at the show sometime. I really can't afford to take all that time off work ... nor dissapoint my clients booked in on those days.
I was exited till i dowloaded the PDF ...... i may just wear 3D glasses just for the fun of it ....

Oh what a shame :cry:

Pay my air fare and I'll stand in for you on those days :green:

Can't guarantee I'll be quite up to your standard but always willing to help:lol:

well i was looking forward to this visit ..... BUT ..... it's on the Friday of the comps (which means me taking a day off) ... $400.00 + the fee to attend $275.00, then there's the nail show on sat (taking the day off, usually to judge .... $400.00 in takings again) , the show also goes on Sunday.
Well can you see where i'm going with this ?
It would be nice is he was a guest speaker during the show, rather than my weekend (including meeting a very interesting man costing me a considereable amount of money).
I'm dissapointed .... ho hum, it would be great if Doug chose to spread his knowledge across the board to all product users (top make us all better, more educated users/technicians) rather than making this an "outside of the nailshow" (dare i say .... grab at money).
I don't know many techs here in AUS with an interest is chemicals as much as me ...... guess the question and answer will be boring without feedback from the truly curious.
Lets hope i run into him at the show sometime. I really can't afford to take all that time off work ... nor dissapoint my clients booked in on those days.
I was exited till i dowloaded the PDF ...... i may just wear 3D glasses just for the fun of it ....

what an expense carl, i saw doug a few years back at excel i think it was or olympia i get confused by the 2, when he brought out his 2nd addition book. do what i did ....i caught him when i was outside the show rooms whilst i was having a cig and all these mad geeks accosted him. but he is a lovely and very clever fella

what an expense carl, i saw doug a few years back at excel i think it was or olympia i get confused by the 2, when he brought out his 2nd addition book. do what i did ....i caught him when i was outside the show rooms whilst i was having a cig and all these mad geeks accosted him. but he is a lovely and very clever fella

excellent, i may catch him outside having a fag/tab :)
i'll chew his ear off:lol:

You know he's doing talks at the expo? They are only an hour and half though.

Beauty Updates - Complimentary Industry workshops, demonstration, seminars

I went to the CND roadshow last year & have to say he was great. So many things clicked into place for me.

I know what you mean about many Australian techs not being interested in the chemistry though. So many people there complained that there was to much of the science, not enough practical, but to me Doug was the best part of it (with the food a close second).

You can subscribe to newsletters with Pacific Nail, that how I found out.

What's the PDF?

You know he's doing talks at the expo? They are only an hour and half though.

Beauty Updates - Complimentary Industry workshops, demonstration, seminars

I went to the CND roadshow last year & have to say he was great. So many things clicked into place for me.

I know what you mean about many Australian techs not being interested in the chemistry though. So many people there complained that there was to much of the science, not enough practical, but to me Doug was the best part of it (with the food a close second).

You can subscribe to newsletters with Pacific Nail, that how I found out.

What's the PDF?
from the apfa site http://www.apfa.net.au/seminar/DougSchoonShow.pdf

Latest posts

Back