Downloading music from the web

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
I want to download some music onto my blackberry to take it to the gym.

Don't have a clue where to start!

What sites do people use, and any tips would be good:eek:

For legal downloads, Amazon are really good. Their MP3s are of a good sound quality (high bit rate) and there is no nasty DRM (digital rights management).

However if you already have the music you want to put on your Blackberry on CD, then you would be missing a trick if you didn't "rip" the CDs onto your computer and convert to MP3 to copy over to your Blackberry. After all - why pay twice for the same tunes when you already own the CD!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cheers Ruth, all done!

Can always rely on you babe! xx

Thanks Stoney :)

I was actually really impressed with Amazon's MP3 sound quality when I downloaded a track from them at the weekend and played it on the hi-fi in the lounge. I think Amazon's tracks are going to be pretty close to how "hi-fi" you can get with MP3, before going into the realms of lossless formats like FLAC (which my Cowon D2 portable music player can actually play)!
Posted via Mobile Device

unfortunately most of the good places are not something we could necessarily endorse! ahem, . .

usual suspects other than that - Amazon, Itunes etc . . .

I use iTunes. :)

I use iTunes. :)

Don't iTunes force you to install their software before you can download anything though? I'd personally find that annoying; at least Amazon's downloads work via a standard web browser...
Posted via Mobile Device

I use iTunes too....i find they are brilliant and have such a wide variety of choice! Yes, you have to download the application but it only takes minutes and itl store all songs in your own library etc!

For me its the best!!

Latest posts

Back