Dried flowers and 3d ceramic flowers for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serin

Reaction score
hi i have just orderd some dried flowers and 3d ceramic flowers for some nail art that i want to add on to my friends nails she has french Pink and white acrylic nails if i was going to add a dried flower is it possible to add the flower on top of a clear base polish and then add a top coat? (as i have seen that you add the flower just before you add the pink powder for acrylic application) also with the 3d flowers can i also add that on top of a top coat and then add a another coat of top coat on top of the flower (i hope this makes senses).

one more thing can i add a Fimo nail art cane (or anyother for of nail art)on to nail varnish(clear or colour) and then add top coat? when you dont want the nail art (dried flowers, 3d flowers,nail canes or anyother nail art products) how do you remove them? i have only used nail art pens,stamps, airbrush deaign, stickers and rhinestones!

do you need to use a special nail glue?

you could use any of them in the manner you describe, however they would be much less durable than embedding them in the acrylic.the pressed flowers should be the easiest to do but the others i would adhere with nailglue and then add topcoat. i think you will find it quite difficult to seal over the ceramic flowers and fimo though.

I agree, the easiest and most long lasting way is to encapsulate the fimo and flowers under acrylic, flowers tend to be a pain to apply to a finished nail as the corners pop up as you're trying to seal them into place with topcoat. They both look so much better under acrylic x

as above all give better durability when sealed in acrylic but all should last well under top coat, just re-apply every day to keep it fresh, thay will all sit well in a layer or topcoat toped with another the only one i would advise glue for is the ceramic flowers, and you would use your standard tip glue.

i would like to thank you all for your help this has helped me a lot!

Latest posts

Back