Dripping candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help.

Me and my partner have bought a big vase and our idea was to burn a candle and let it melt and then another and another and another etc all in different colours, so eventually the candles will colour the vase all the way to the top. It's our first house and wanted to do something different that we can always do and remember.

We've bought a pillar candle from ikea but the more I see it melt the more I think we have bought a non drip candle *douche bags*.
Does anyone know where I can get some tall but thick dripping candles? All the ones I have seen and get excited about are the blooming battery operated ones 😣 I've been on eBay and Amazon but there all little ones.

Any help on our quest would be fab thanks x x x

Nice idea I can see what you are picturing but think you will just end up making a mess I have tried this before and it ended with the bin, the wax of some candles discolours, then they all merge and melt together and just look dirty then you get little black bits of burnt wick mixed in too the candles won't melt fully just in the middle around the wick. If you have your heart set on your idea burn the candles out of the vase and when they are melted pour the coloured wax in let it set then onto the next colour... This way they won't all mix together maybe put a battery tea light on top so there is an illusion the vase is a lit candle

Oooooh Thankyou for that information :D x x

Maybe buy wax beads and melt them down, you can add your own colours with food colouring (I think) if u wait for one layer to solidify before adding a different colour they won't mix together and go gross lol u can buy wick on its own and wrap it around a pencil or similar with the wick hanging into the wax and balance it across the top while the wax sets. Hope this helps or at least makes sense lol

Your best buying a few long thin candles and stand them in the vase at a slight angle, my friend had a wine bottle glued to a piece of wood and she burnt candles in it every night. It did look amazing eventually and was a real talking point x

Oooo that could work if I lean them in together x

I thought dirty at the title.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back