drought in South east

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm hearing this on the news just now. We lose 200 million litres of water a day due to leakages............ and they are already talking about standpipes......... I remember these from the 1970's.
We are an island surrounded by water!! - I wonder why can't treat that, there's enough of it - they seem to manage in hot counties:irked:

Zuise.e said:
they seem to manage in hot counties:irked:
yep.... i've lived here (in Spain) for 2 years, we're spending our 3rd summer here this year and we've never had a water shortage or a hosepipe ban. makes you wonder what happens to the huge amounts of rain that fall.... is there no huge water-butt to catch it in? ie a reservoir :rolleyes:
don't they use desalination plants to change seawater into drinking water or am i confused again? lol

ValencianNails said:
yep.... i've lived here (in Spain) for 2 years, we're spending our 3rd summer here this year and we've never had a water shortage or a hosepipe ban. makes you wonder what happens to the huge amounts of rain that fall.... is there no huge water-butt to catch it in? ie a reservoir :rolleyes:
don't they use desalination plants to change seawater into drinking water or am i confused again? lol

I wouldn't mind if we had the hot weather to go with the ban lol!!
Do you drink the tap water there? I've been drinking it in Spain for about 3 years but my parents say "ooooh you shouldn't"

Zuise.e said:
Do you drink the tap water there? I've been drinking it in Spain for about 3 years but my parents say "ooooh you shouldn't"
we don't drink it where we are because it has a high mineral content, it's fine to use for cooking, washing, cleaning teeth, boiling kettle for cuppas etc but for drinking we buy bottled water.

ValencianNails said:
we don't drink it where we are because it has a high mineral content, it's fine to use for cooking, washing, cleaning teeth, boiling kettle for cuppas etc but for drinking we buy bottled water.

Yes sorry that's what i meant - but my folks won't even clean there teeth in it - I think that goes back to the old days when it came out brown and gave you malaria or sumfink.
My hub can't drink it as it tends to kick off his kidney stones.

How mad is it, we ahve a hosepipe ban in the winter and all its doen is rain down here we idnt ahve the snow that everyone else did so what are they doign with our water. Well all i can say is you shoudl see the colour of it and state of it when it comes out fo teh tap. we are all on water meters and ahve to runt the tap for 10min everytime we use it.

Latest posts

Back