dry and shine wouldn't dry and shine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minipig007

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

don't know if anyone can chuck some advice my way in a troubleshooting kinda fashion. I've just bought the creative spa products, and have registered online to be told about the next training course for it, but in the meantime i've watched the video that came with the set about 15 times and I thought i had it sorted... until this morning...
To complete my pedicure, i applied some dry and shine to my clients nails, and waited..... and waited... and it didn't go very dull but it went a bit dull, so i went to buff it, and it was still wet, and some of the polish came off.

I totally understand that there is no replacement for a training course, which is why i have reg'd for the course, but the site suggested there wasn't one til October :)eek:).. and i could do with some guidance... - Had i left it a tad longer would the product have dried? was i too heavy handed?? any hints and tips would be MUCH appreciated!! :hug:

Cheers all!

Love, me
x

Hi guys and gals,

don't know if anyone can chuck some advice my way in a troubleshooting kinda fashion. I've just bought the creative spa products, and have registered online to be told about the next training course for it, but in the meantime i've watched the video that came with the set about 15 times and I thought i had it sorted... until this morning...
To complete my pedicure, i applied some dry and shine to my clients nails, and waited..... and waited... and it didn't go very dull but it went a bit dull, so i went to buff it, and it was still wet, and some of the polish came off.

I totally understand that there is no replacement for a training course, which is why i have reg'd for the course, but the site suggested there wasn't one til October :)eek:).. and i could do with some guidance... - Had i left it a tad longer would the product have dried? was i too heavy handed?? any hints and tips would be MUCH appreciated!! :hug:

Cheers all!

Love, me
x

What sight are you looking at? I would bet £100000 that it isn't a CREATIVE Academy!! Please let me know - I don't want you wasting your money!

BTW D&S needs to be put on VERY thinly - it works briliantly but most don't read the how-to and put it on too thick. The Lime cream alows it moisturise the skin too (it doesn't matter if you get it on the skin) but my guess is you used too much!

aaah.... yes.... definately used too much then! it worked okay on the nails that got only a light touch... so that would explain it! Thanks MrsG!!! :hug:

As for the academy, they said they were in milton keynes and manchester which rang bells with me being CND so i figured it was.... i'll just try and find the link I registered with!! BRB!

... I'm back - and it was this site: :: creative nail acadamy :: - is that right??

Thanks so much for your advice... i do have a tendency for being gullible and definately want the correct training for Creative! I've been saving for ages to get the set!

Last edited:
aaah.... yes.... definately used too much then! it worked okay on the nails that got only a light touch... so that would explain it! Thanks MrsG!!! :hug:

As for the academy, they said they were in milton keynes and manchester which rang bells with me being CND so i figured it was.... i'll just try and find the link I registered with!! BRB!

... I'm back - and it was this site: :: creative nail acadamy :: - is that right??

Thanks so much for your advice... i do have a tendency for being gullible and definately want the correct training for Creative! I've been saving for ages to get the set!

Yes MK and Manchester are but you can do Spa far more quickly than Oct. Call us on 0845 210 6060 so we can give you dates! :hug:

YAY!! i'll call you on monday!! Thanks so much!!! xxxx

Hun, if you was looking at the Milton Keynes dates (which I think you were from looking at your location) .. they havent been updated from last year, I check quite regularly for updates!

HTH's

I know Mrs Geek already answered your query, but I just wanted to add my 2 pence worth, as I love D&S, its my favourite topcoat.

Use it thinly, leave it a long time, make sure the nails are reeeaaaallly dry before you buff (not a good topcoat for using in a rush). The first time I used it I buffed all the enamel off, but give it another go because it gives the best shine of all the topcoats in my opinion, and it lasts too.

Good luck, I hope you can get on the Spa course, its a lovely relaxing day!

Yes MK and Manchester are but you can do Spa far more quickly than Oct. Call us on 0845 210 6060 so we can give you dates! :hug:

hi minipigi i no that milton keynes have a creative spa course on the 28th april as im booked on it, if it helps tracy x

Latest posts

Back