Dry chapped hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddie

Reaction score
can anyone recommend any products please

Im suffering with this too and nothing seems to be working.

L,Occitane hand cream, its in a tube like toothpaste but its brill (quite expensive though) also quite by mistake i found the Creative finishing lotion, yum yum. it smells devine and had lovelys that put the elasticity back into your skin, (its great under your eyes). xx

my hands have been so dry i have had cracking on my fingers, last night i gave myself a solar manicure then applied loads of solar butter before bed. they feel much better today - just got to remember to keep piling the cream on.

sorry also, i used to be a hairdresser and dry hands is common in hairdressing...some things i learnt. dry your hands really well, never leave them damp. put your cream on at night and put some socks on them b4 you go to bed. when ever you use your face creams rub the left overs on your hands. we always exfoliate our face but forget our hands, once a week exfoliate your hands...its no good putting lovelys on when it cant get through all that dead skin....thats about it really. xx

I have found two things that really work

1. Aquas Cream - it's dead cheap, un-perfumed, no lanolin and available from any chemist - my doctor told me to use it.

2. Creative sensations - this is good but has a strong perfume - the Mango and Coconut is divine!!!

Solar Manicure is a fantastic exfoliator which is oil based, so when you wash the salt (and dead skin cells) off the oil stays on your hands (in a nice way, not a slimy way!). Then either Solar Silk or Solar Butter - both are lovely and moisturising and smell gorgeous.....

The moisture from the cream will really help, but exfoliating first gives the most effective result.

Yvette
x

E45 is quite good for dry and chapped hands too.

maddie said:
can anyone recommend any products please
Body Shop Cocoa Butter (for very dry skin) or Hemp hand protector(if you can stand the smell) work really well, even better when you use the Body Shop cotton gloves overnight.

Yes I do work for body shop at home but only recommend products i think work

em x

solar butter for me.......i get "washing up" hands...dry and sore, and this works a treat.

I agree with Joanne - Solar Butter - you cannot beat it!

Nothing works like a full on paraffin wax treatment. Exfoliate, then smother in moisturiser, cover in wax, then put in hot mitts for 5 -10 minutes. Then when well and truly cooked, take out, remove wax and finish with a lovely hand massage. LUSH!

Another tip is if you wash up put moisturiser on and then rubber gloves, the warmth of the water works wonders.

The Nailtiques hand cream is fab, and the Nimue hand cream is just oooh to die for! Can't wait to get our Nimue stuff in the salon.

The one thing I have noticed that dries my hands like nothing is latex gloves with powder in them - it even dries my palms out. Worth switching to the powder free ones although they are harder to put on.

I like Qtica hand creams and treatments, I love the smell. Best cure I know is Qtica Overnight Intensive Treatment with a little pair of passion killing white cotton gloves :smack: :D

Creative Spa Manicure exfoliating crystals and crystal activator, massaged in then put hands in bags and wrap with warm towels and leave for 5-10 mins. Smells GORGEOUS and my skin ALWAYS feel much softer and smoother after. Combine with paraffin wax treatment and it'll be heaven for hands!

i love creative treatments too (heaven) but for evey day use try Lotil cream available from chemists and boots.

Hi

Solar butter and cotton gloves at night. I also like dermalogica multi vitamin hand cream, very nice.
One thing i think of is when i am driving i use my dermalogica one because it has an spf in it dont want any of them age spots :eek: . lol well not if i can helf it anyway :wink2:

Yvette Willis said:
Solar Manicure is a fantastic exfoliator which is oil based, so when you wash the salt (and dead skin cells) off the oil stays on your hands (in a nice way, not a slimy way!). Then either Solar Silk or Solar Butter - both are lovely and moisturising and smell gorgeous.....

The moisture from the cream will really help, but exfoliating first gives the most effective result.

Yvette
x[/QUOTE
Yep, your right Yvette but , may I just add that solar butter would be the best one for really dry hands (shea butter is much more dense) or try solar balm after solar manicure. It worked on my hands when I used to help my ewes during lambing. (hands can get quite abused in the bitter outdoors all night! Also, this might sound really strange to you lot! UDDER cream is brill too!and perfectly safe. from the farm supplies! go on laugh! but it works! it stops cows udders from chapping and cracking! MARVELOUS FOR HANDS!and very very cheep! or should I say sheep!! LOL
icon_lol.gif

I'm sure you have more than enough products to try here, although I will just mention that I used to be a nurse and because I was constantly washing my hands, they were red raw and my skin was cracking. PAPAYA body butter from the body shop sorted me right out, and the smell is so relaxing too!!! Gemma xx

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream is fantastic. Never used it on my hands but box says you can do so. I usually use it on elbows and any other dry patches.

Anna xx

The best thing I have ever used is

Boots Skin Therapy concentrated hand cream and its only £2.50

I suffer from very dry hands and it is the best stuff that has worked for me

Billie x

Latest posts

Back