Dry prep with Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy2986

Reaction score
Before I apply the Gelish polish I shape the nails, then apply cuticle remover and soak them, push back the cuticles and remove them, gently buff the nail to roughen the surface, cleanse, then use the ph bond (which dehydrates)..

I read somewhere that you should only dry prep with Gelish because you want the nail to be dry when applying Gelish, but by the time I have the cuticles removed and I roughen the surface,the nails are already dry..

Am I wasting time by doing this? I just like a clean looking manicure with no cuticles :eek:

I've never dry prepped with my Gelish & have never had any problems..can someone explain to me their dry prepping procedure? thanks :confused:

hi i was trained to dry prep with any gel polish, i use gelish and always do dry cuticle work,or i think you could use a cuticle remover cream and then thoroughly wash the hands after, but i never soak not even afterwards, but if your never have any problems just stick to what works best for you, did they tell you in gel training which method to use.

I was trained to do a dry prep with gelish (exactly what you do but without cuticle remover or washing of the hands) but I think it makes the nails look so messy before you cleanse them before ph bond that I'm tempted to try using a cuticle remover and rinsing the hands to help the process. Pleased to hear you say it doesn't affect the gels x

I was trained to do a dry prep with gelish (exactly what you do but without cuticle remover or washing of the hands) but I think it makes the nails look so messy before you cleanse them before ph bond that I'm tempted to try using a cuticle remover and rinsing the hands to help the process. Pleased to hear you say it doesn't affect the gels x

Thanks for this reply, that's exactly what i thought would happen if i dry prepped,that the nails would look messy..after i soak the nails with the cuticle remover on them,of course i dry their hands and nails with a clean dry towel & the cuticle is left soft and moist so i can remove all the dead skin,and like i said,when i'm done with the removal on both hands,the roughening of the surface,cleansing,and ph bond,by that time,the hands and nails are completely dry :biggrin:

There is another thread which differentiates dry prep versus wet. Dry prep is still considered dry with a cuticle remover. Wet prep is when the hands are submerged in a soak. I always use cuticle remover and my ladies get minimum 3 weeks. I strongly advise using it as it loosens the cuticle and you don't have to be forceful.

There is another thread which differentiates dry prep versus wet. Dry prep is still considered dry with a cuticle remover. Wet prep is when the hands are submerged in a soak. I always use cuticle remover and my ladies get minimum 3 weeks. I strongly advise using it as it loosens the cuticle and you don't have to be forceful.

Can u please tell me what cuticle remover u use & is it good, I hate using those cutters to get rid of the cuticle? & do u rinse after removing the cuticle, or just wipe with a towel & then ph prep?

I've bought cnd cuticle away but waiting for it to be delivered. Also interested in what you do once you have wiped it away and removed the cuticle.

I use cnd cuticle away also and have a spray bottle with a pump of soap and I spray that on the nails after removing cuticle to make sure it's all gone.

I was taught dry prep was without any removers etc x

Latest posts

Back