Dry skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
Hi all i suffer from dry skin on my face i use a medicated eczma cream as a moisturiser and i use estee lauder dw foundation but it looks so dry and flaky on my skin im looking for a moisturiser or something to help my skin look flawless with foundation on thankyou

Do you use primer?

Hi all i suffer from dry skin on my face i use a medicated eczma cream as a moisturiser and i use estee lauder dw foundation but it looks so dry and flaky on my skin im looking for a moisturiser or something to help my skin look flawless with foundation on thankyou

What skin care and routine are you currently using? I personally use and stock Katherine Daniels Cosmetics and it has been designed and formulated to hydrate and nourished. The range is brilliant, elegant and straight forward to use. My skin has never been better. I was the same before I started using Katherine Daniels, very dry and dehydrated. Regular Facials will also help. Without doing a skin analysis and consultation with you I wouldn't like to say what moisturiser you should use. But I have a client that have severe eczema and she now uses the Katherine Daniels Sensitive rich cream and concentrate for dry skin. Hope this helps xx

What's your skincare routine?

I personally am not a fan of DW but it sounds like it's going on a very dry skin as well. DW has quite a lot of talc in which gives it great coverage but really dries the skin out.

Give us an idea of what you're using as cleanser etc and we may be able to help x

Following!
I have this as well - the skin on my face is always super dry and I find myself moisturising it twice in the evening and twice in the morning before make-up normally.
The only thing that helped me slightly was using a very light exfoliating scrub on my face and then using a primer before my foundation.
I still get dry towards the end of the day though which is annoying!

Ive brought a simple cleanser and toner which ive been using but i do think its all down to that foundation some days it goes on really nice and my skin isnt dry but im thinking of trying the mac fix fluid with their primer?

I would strongly recommend a skin analysis done with a Visia Machine or something similar! I would recommend more hydrating serums rather than more moisturizer - if you think about it moisturizers only stay on the top of the skin so you're only topically hydrating the top layer of skin which is already damaged, you need to nourish the deeper layers so when the skin renews itself its hydrated.
also check the ingredients in your cleanser and toner which could be drying your skin.
for foundations i always use MAC and would recommend it!

best wishes,
Mel

Ive brought a simple cleanser and toner which ive been using but i do think its all down to that foundation some days it goes on really nice and my skin isnt dry but im thinking of trying the mac fix fluid with their primer?
Simple really isn't the best. The clue is in the name lol. It'll remove your make up, it just doesn't leave your skin feeling great.

A session with a Visia machine is a great idea. If you can find a local environ stockist they often have Visia treatments free of charge.

Double Wear foundation can cause dryness. Everyone I see who wears it had dry patches at the end of the day. Have a look at Jane Iredale bb cream. The coverage is superb with nothing bad in it. It looks as good at end of the day as it does at the start.

Vic x

Ok so i cant get near a visia machine but i have recently changed my foundation to the mac fluid fix, ive also purchased soap & glory cleanser and toner which also removes makeup! Ive also bought bio oil as it says its good for dehydrated skin, but my skin is still so dry, i know the cold weather really doesnt help but im not the best with skincare routines, if someone can do me a step by step guide with products for dry on how to apply etc id be more than grateful its really getting me down xx

We're actually not that far from you - we're about 3 miles from the Catthorpe interchange. We have Visia events every month, so let me know if you'd like to book.

Vic x

Hi hun could you send me a link to your page website etc xx

Hi, are you drinking enough water each day? I too suffer with the same issue and treated myself to a facial the other day. The therapist said to ensure I drank at least 3 litres of water per day - I thought I was already doing it but since measuring I found out I was only drinking about 1 litre!

Latest posts

Back