Drying acrylic paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
I've been practicing with alot of nail art with acrylic paint but it seems to be taking an age to dry, is there anyway i can dry it a bit faster.
Thank you

Are you sure your using a water based acrylic paint?
It Shuld be dry with in a minute , it's certainly much faster than doing the art with polish,

If not maybe your using it to thick?

Hi, what sort of acrylic paint are you using? Because normally it dries pretty fast. Maybe you could add a bit more water? Make it thinner so that it dries faster.

Its the acrylic paint from nail delights......it says ouli on it, i do use it thick to creat 3d flowes

3d flowers would normaly be made with Acrylic (L&P)

if you mean one stroke flowers then you really do not need to layer it thickly , any petals that are a little to transparent can be repetet over the top :)

ok I just had a look on nail delights ,
its the 3D paint ?
it says
Use straight from the pen nib to draw lines and create dots or apply with a brush for more detailed designs.

Create stunning effects with this thick water based acrylic paint, the thickness gives the illusion of gel or acrylic 3d work.

so im thinking you might still be doing it to thick if its taking to dry ,

I have some experience with this kind of paint, not the same brand, but they also said you could make 3d effects. I had some clients to experiment on and they lost their paintings with this sort of paint within days. Because it is so thick it doesn't stick very well to the acrylic/gel nail. Wearing normal acrylic paint the paintings stayed on untill they were do for an infill.

So I suggest you use L&P for making 3d flowers, and use normal acrylic paint (like Folk Art) for your flat paintings. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back