Dull uv top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

Reaction score
hi Geeks

Can anyone help me work out why my gel top coats have started to look dull and just not quite as shiny as they used to be. I'm really puzzled - have changed bulbs, even bought a new lamp, changed top coat, changed wipe off cleanser and still they are foggy looking!! Driving me mad.:irked: I cant work it out!!! I am even trying double curing them but its still happening.

Any thoughts would be great.x

Which one ae you using?

Not putting enough product on, has sometimes made mine look dull !

This one is Brisa, I've not had any problems with it before, but it is near the bottom of the bottle. It is quite a thick one so I tried IBD the other day, just one I had lying about but it too came out cloudy....again it was another quite thick one. Last night to try and avoid another dull one, I rooted around my old boxes and found a little left in a bottle of Ezflows Finish it..........weirdly no dulling happened - beautifully shiney! (a bit too purple for my liking but shiney none the less)

I must have contaminated my bottle of Brisa I guess:confused:, although I have no explaination for the IBD one dulling apart from I have never used it before so not confident about results.

One thing that always puzzled me about my Brisa training was after refining the builder layer we were taught not to srubfresh before applying top coat but just to dust the nails with a brush, I dont really understand why, but Fee said it allows the top coat to stick better. Its possible though that a fair bit of nail dust goes back into the bottle - perhaps its just because I'm very near the bottom of the bottle?

Latest posts

Back