Dying extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherryglitter

Reaction score
my extensions are mixed with light ash blonde and I want to dye them brown. Is it better to use pwrmenant or semi perm and should I leave the colour on for less time? Thanks

Hi
I'd always do a strand test. Extensions tend to process quicker than your own hair as they are already processed etc.
Also try not to dye them more than once as you will compromise the quality of your extensions and increase the chance of matting. Same with toners as they still contain peroxide! xx

Hi
I'd always do a strand test. Extensions tend to process quicker than your own hair as they are already processed etc.
Also try not to dye them more than once as you will compromise the quality of your extensions and increase the chance of matting. Same with toners as they still contain peroxide! xx
Yeah I'm going to do a strand test first. I definitely won't dye them again after this, would rather not dye them at all but hate the colour.

I normally have to dye mine as the 1b is never dark enough but not as dark as black, ive never had a problem but because of the ash it is best to do a strand test on that first like stated before x

I normally have to dye mine as the 1b is never dark enough but not as dark as black, ive never had a problem but because of the ash it is best to do a strand test on that first like stated before x
So do you think applying a medium brown dye (not sure exactly what shade yet) into the ash blonde would turn out okay? I will strand test first but just want to get the right dye

It depends how light the blonde is as sometimes brown on blonde can go a funny clour x

As long as you use a warm brown then you should be ok over the blonde
but strand test first. Good luck

Keep an eye on the colour as it will take pretty quickly on the extensions.

As long as you use a warm brown then you should be ok over the blonde
but strand test first. Good luck
Should I use a golden brown then?

Im in the process of dying my hair its like a dark blonde but im applying a copper/red to it to give it a base then im applying a brown but i would apply a darker brown if its too light it can look green/grey from hairdressing experience, but yes colour will stick to the extensions alot quicker than natural hair, one thing i will say is don't use a box dye they really aren't good for any type if hair, definatly go for a professional colour x

Im in the process of dying my hair its like a dark blonde but im applying a copper/red to it to give it a base then im applying a brown but i would apply a darker brown if its too light it can look green/grey from hairdressing experience, but yes colour will stick to the extensions alot quicker than natural hair, one thing i will say is don't use a box dye they really aren't good for any type if hair, definatly go for a professional colour x
So do you think dark golden brown would do the job?

Yes i'd say it should be fine aslong as its a rich natural just do a strand test first but it should be okxx

Hi, I would use a semi permanent as it will give more shine and be kinder to the extensions. Golden/Red Brown would be best.

Latest posts

Back