Dying hair to match extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am a nail and skin geek with hair query.

Up until 6 weeks ago I my hair was what I was told a faded 6. I went and had foils in around three different blondes. My hair is overall a blonde looking colour but there is obviously still my 'brown bits'.

I am due back at the weekend for the same again.

I contacted foxy locks for a colour matching and was advised I could go for the caramel colour. I was just wondering if it is possible for hairdressers to match hair colour to the colour of the extensions? I am not adverse to all over colour but I think my hairdresser is a little reluctant to do things like this. I just didn't want to make a fool of myself by turning up with a handful of hair extensions asking for the same colour to find this sort of thing is not possible!

Thank you so much,

Louise

I have a picture of my hair as it is now and also a picture of the hair extensions I have purchased.

Attachments

• Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Hair2.jpg
    Hair2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 127
It's the ends that need to be makes really as that is the bit that will blend with the extensions

Assuming your hair is in good condition, your hairdresser should be able to match up your colour with the extensions.

Many thanks for your replies.

My hair is in good condition, I use oils and things and try to leave my hair to dry when I can and avoid heat if possible.

Do you think they would all over colour for something like this? I don't mind that at all, I used to have this years ago before but I think the hairdressers I go to prefer to do foils, no problem there they are very good at them :)

Latest posts

Back