E files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I have searched the forum and read through a few threads about this but unfortunately I can not afford a £300+ E file :(

Now I went onto Ebay and bought one for a small amount for money and thought it would work because (don't judge me) I saw someone in a youtube video using it. Yes...I know....no need to say it lol. But now obviously it doesn't really work as I was trying it out on my own and I cant press down hard using the file it stops and just the motor carry's on. And I don't know how to lock in to bit because the instructions make no sense to me!!

I should be starting up on the 13th and haven't got a e file yet, so is it possible for me to buy one on ebay for £50 and under and it still be as good as the more expensive ones?

Unfortunately, no. Most of the efiles sold on Ebay are knock-offs. Perhaps some of our fellow nail professionals on this site can give you some good leads in your area to track down an affordable efile that can get you by for now. Save, save, save and purchase a KUPA when you can. It's an amazing efile.

I agree. E-files are professional equipment and you want to buy from a reputable firm. You will need training from the company who supply it to you so you know you are using it safely and hygienically. I wouldn't recommend buying a cheap one from ebay simply because you get what you pay for - and if you're working on the public you certainly don't want to cause any damage. I have just ordered a kupa e-file after saving for months, and I'm happy to say free training is included (for safety reasons) and I feel 100% satisfied and at ease that I have gone with a reputable company, have a guarantee and can get professional maintenance on my device. Good luck :)

I agree. E-files are professional equipment and you want to buy from a reputable firm. You will need training from the company who supply it to you so you know you are using it safely and hygienically. I wouldn't recommend buying a cheap one from ebay simply because you get what you pay for - and if you're working on the public you certainly don't want to cause any damage. I have just ordered a kupa e-file after saving for months, and I'm happy to say free training is included (for safety reasons) and I feel 100% satisfied and at ease that I have gone with a reputable company, have a guarantee and can get professional maintenance on my device. Good luck :)

Ah man ok, so there's pretty much nothing I can buy? :(
Something like this would be inappropriate?

Professional Electric Nail Manicure Drill File Pink | eBay UK

Ah man ok, so there's pretty much nothing I can buy? :(
Something like this would be inappropriate?

Professional Electric Nail Manicure Drill File Pink | eBay UK

You've been stung once, do you really want to risk it again!?
Dont buy professional products and tools from there, you could be buying anything- fake/ damaged/ stolen and if you use these on your clients you would probably not be covered by your insurance if you were using for example, a counterfeit nail file.
If its that cheap its for a reason.
You get what you pay for. Save up and in the meantime just perfect your hand filing- it will be worth the wait :hug:

When I took my nail course, we received an efile, allbeit a cheap one, with our kit. I assumed that was the case every where. Not so?

ooopps i bought a promed pro touch from ebay for £10 it was brand new sealed in a carry case with all instructions and catalouge and all drill bits including carbide drill bits, and i fell inlove instantly saying that i only ever ever use the very odd time i will always prefere manual filing x :Scared:

I purchased a nail tech's kit (she was changing career) from ebay only wanted the trolley and lamp but came with a JD700 filing machine. Never used it, I prefer manual filing too. Work on your manual filing and before you know it you will wonder if you really need a e file.

If you shape your product with your brush you'll need minimal filing! Don't waste your time on bay as it might end up costing you more in the long run, I'm sure an e file from a reputable seller has a long warrantee unlike items from ebay. :Love:

I worked out how to lock it lol and its working properly, I'm going to do my friends nails tomorrow and see how it is using it properly.
Thank you everyone!

Latest posts

Back