Ear piercing licence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tink15

Reaction score
Hi, I am trained in ear piercing and did my training with CAFLON some time ago. I have been working in spas for some years so not needing to offer this service, however I am now in a salon. Other than having a qualification and insurance is there anything else I need to do before offering ear piercing in my salon? Thanks:confused:

I had to inform my local council (Environmental Health) so they could make a record of it.

Just be aware that some councils charge to have a licence too. In my area it's £176 each year. There is no way I could make that back on top of training and kit, so decided not to go ahead with training in this.

In glorious York it's £350 per premises and practitioner! So it cost me £700 a year!!
It under the miscellaneous act of 19something you have to hold the licence for piercing acupuncture tattooing and one more thing I can't remember.
I do semi permanent make up so makes it worth my while to offer ear piercing in salon!

Yeah I phoned up and its going to be around £300. Shame. She said If I had phoned this time last year it would have been £36.

Latest posts

Back