Eco universal top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evaperk

Reaction score
Website says mailing to USA only, for those interested.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I was already aware of the product and am planning on getting some to try out but wasn't aware they were giving samples of it away.

I'm in the UK so not gonna qualify for a freebie from that form but would love feedback on the product from any US geeks that do get a sample.

I ordered this awhile ago with some eco soak-off gels. It's a decent topcoat. Goes on, cures well, but sometimes it doesn't come out all that shiney and I have to put on a second coat.

I ordered this awhile ago with some eco soak-off gels. It's a decent topcoat. Goes on, cures well, but sometimes it doesn't come out all that shiney and I have to put on a second coat.
Are you using a fresh lint free wipe for each nail when removing the inhibition layer?

I know from other top coats that if you try to use one wipe on more than 1 nail the residue of inhibition layer on the lint wipe can mean the next nail isn't as shiney as it should be.

I tried it, it was fine over some nailite SOG I had, however when I applied it over some metallic transfer foils, it gave me a dull finish, the foils were not metallic any more and after a day or two it peeled off, leaving the foil on my nails. I guess the foil's surface was too smooth for it to adhere. I'll stick to nailite's gentle gloss & shellac top coat for foils.

Are you using a fresh lint free wipe for each nail when removing the inhibition layer?

I know from other top coats that if you try to use one wipe on more than 1 nail the residue of inhibition layer on the lint wipe can mean the next nail isn't as shiney as it should be.

Always. :D It's a habit I've picked up from using OPI's axxium 2 years ago. I also give my lamp and bulbs a good wipe regularly, and change the bulbs when needed. But sometimes, this topcoat just ends up a bit too dull for my liking. A second coat and 2 more minutes usually fixes that, and for the price, it's no big loss.

Latest posts

Back