eczema on scalp,need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hair geeks

I have curly,medium to fine textured hair,and its sooooo dry at the moment,even aveda products arent working:mad:

My main problem is eczma around my hair line and the nape of my neck,which comes when stressed:eek::irked:

Are there any professional treatments for desensitising my scalp.

Im also on hrt,not a heavy dosage,but not on any other medication.

Any help would be appreciated:hug:

Sorry hun the only help I can give you is go to the doctor and get a prescription for it.
My son has it every once in a while and has a prescription ointment we apply.

You could try some scalp therapy by Nioxin. It helps many skin irritations including yeast infections in women. It helps with the soreness and itchiness.

I would advice you to speak to your GP to run tests to ensure that it is actually eczema which you are suffering with, as it can easily be mistaken for a number of conditions. Psoriasis is known to affect the scalp more commonly than eczema for instance.

Medication such as HRT can increase the symptoms as the hormones are disrupted which may increase sebaceous activity. Stress levels, diet, damage to skin all affect the skins activity.

Treatments available to help can vary also from topical steroid creams, medicated shampoos and ointments, and alternative therapies have also been used to treat and soothe.

Speak to your GP, ask if you can be referred to a dermatologist for further advice, and as i already stated stress can aggravate symptoms, so try not to worry in the meantime.

Hope this helps
Sas

I have several customers who suffer from Psoriasis and Eczema, both have found drinking a Aloe Vera Gel drink (not Juice), and using a topical Aloe based moisturiser has had a fantastic effect on their skin. PM If you would like some more info.

Thankyou for all your advice:hug:

Its the itching thats driving me nuts:eek:...im trying to find an alternative route than using prescription grade ingredients,so ill give aloe vera a try,as youve advised....

Otherwise its a trip to the doctors:irked:,which she has little empathy for beauty and holistic treatments,and well being:eek:...id like her to go to a thallasotherapy centre in Brittany,and see the benefits of this....but thats a whole other issue there...:lol::green:

Anyway,cheers guys xx

I have several clients with both skin problems and we have found that a few minutes in the tanning booths once a week helps to clear this up....DO NOT BAKE IN IT!!!! You don't want to burn, the UV light is the key... You can also check with your allergist, could be a reaction to your surroundings..

Hi beautyguru,
sorry 2 hear u have a problem with ur scalp/hair - ive jst found this new company which makes products containing no perfumes, petro-chemicals,totally organic products - website essentiallyyours.com try it and see if it might suit u as it does skincare, hair & body care n even babycare!! Im a beauty therapist and thinking of changing my brand as it seems to b irritating my skin after using it for several weeks!!spent alot of money buying it 4 my studio!! oh well u live n learn!!
hope this helps!
from catlover x

My nan had a serious skin condition, and found bathing in sea salt helped her, she tried loads of prescription meds, but Paul Mitchell teatree shampoo and cond worked for her, depending how bad it was, sometimes could make it feel too cooling on scalp, but she did get on well with it and had good results.
Maybe worth a try

I thought I had eczema around the hairline but it turned out to be psoriasis, Wal-Mart sells something called Dermarest and you would not believe how good it works and I have had 90% less of the flakes and ithcy scalp then I have had even with using professional scalp ph balancing shampoo. It's not only for psoriasis you should give it a try.

I thought I had eczema around the hairline but it turned out to be psoriasis, Wal-Mart sells something called Dermarest and you would not believe how good it works and I have had 90% less of the flakes and ithcy scalp then I have had even with using professional scalp ph balancing shampoo. It's not only for psoriasis you should give it a try.

Hi and welcome

Sorry to jump on your first post :eek: (i'm not bad really lol) but please do take some time to get familiar with the site..

We do not recomend over counter products on a professional forum

Oh and btw,with a medical condition it's always best to refer to a GP

Hope to see you posting more :hug:

Howdy , I always recommend my customers get a prescription for nizorelle (think that is how you spell it ) shampoo , I have used this product and it is amazing for eczema ,
Full directions at the back of the pack,

You can buy it at a pharmacy and you could ask the pharmacists opinion,
or perhaps a visit to your GP for his recommendation,
then if he recommends the nizorelle then you can choose to buy it or get the prescription , as sometimes it is cheaper to buy these things than to pay for the prescribed item ,

I always think it can be a good idea to ask for your pharmacists advice in these scalp matters as they have been trained to such a high standard ,
but sometimes we forget about the good old pharmacist , I know I do ,
I am sure if it is beyond their training they will tell you to go to the GP instead, :hug:

Sorry Hun but I have suffered from this for ages and it don't seem to clear up only time it did was when i did a stint on the sunbed. It has flaired up at the mo and it is driving me nuts everything covered in white bits. :):)

i have that to i found that neutrogenia t gel if that spelt right shampoo can leave hair a little dry but use conditioner on length of hair and should be fine i used this and it got rid of 90% of it in the first wash only after a few months my hair got used to it so if it does the same with you my doctor to try poloytar you can get it from your chemist un fortunatly this did nothing for me so i spoken to the chemist and they told me to try Alphosyl 2 in one shampoo im using this at the moment and you seem to have to keep it in check you have to use it every day otherwise it builds up again and becomes itchy but yours doesnt seem as serious as mine yours sounds much like sarisis if it around the hair line so the t gel should work fine for you you can get it from any supermarket definetley sells at asda a it stops the itching too
hope this helps sarah

Latest posts

Back