Educate me! What's done on an NVQ L3 Nail course at college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
G'day all :hug:

I am curious as to what exactly is done on an NVQ Level 3 Nail course at college.

I havent found about it as yet from any local colleges. However, before I do, I'd like to hear what you did (if you did it!) on the course.

Did you enjoy?
Was it pretty basic stuff?
Did you go on to do any further courses?

Thanks! xx

The quick explanation:
Practicle-
Wraps
Gel
L&P
Nail art: 3D, Embedding, coloured acrylics, cut outs etc
tanning

Theory-
Stock control
Anatomy:bones,muscles,arteries,nail structure
Retail

There is a lot more to the course then this, but this is what stands out.
I am doing it to get the qualification and then plan to go onto do some product training.
It is a lot of work to fit into a short period of time so if you do go ahead be prepared.

The quick explanation:
Practicle-
Wraps
Gel
L&P
Nail art: 3D, Embedding, coloured acrylics, cut outs etc
tanning

Theory-
Stock control
Anatomy:bones,muscles,arteries,nail structure
Retail

There is a lot more to the course then this, but this is what stands out.
I am doing it to get the qualification and then plan to go onto do some product training.
It is a lot of work to fit into a short period of time so if you do go ahead be prepared.

God, it is alot in one year - especially part-time!

Yep, lecturer is brilliant though and very organised.
We were told at the beginning though that a lot of it relies on you practising at home as there is so little time.

Lecturer keeps on at the college about how it should be over 2 years, so it can be more throughly taught.

there is also G11 which is business
as part of my level 3 we are also doing an antomy and phys city and guilds which is not just hands and feet it is the whole body and all systems
its a lot of work and a lot of brain strain but i plan to go on to level 4 which is business management

there is also G11 which is business
as part of my level 3 we are also doing an antomy and phys city and guilds which is not just hands and feet it is the whole body and all systems
its a lot of work and a lot of brain strain but i plan to go on to level 4 which is business management

Yeah G11 is what I meant by stock control and retail was just breaking it down.
It's very hard going just having to learn hands/arms, feet/legs, so I dont envy you having to learn the whole body - good luck hun.

Yeah G11 is what I meant by stock control and retail was just breaking it down.
It's very hard going just having to learn hands/arms, feet/legs, so I dont envy you having to learn the whole body - good luck hun.

:eek: I've done G11 on my Beauty L3 course - also Anatomy and Physiology!

:eek: I've done G11 on my Beauty L3 course - also Anatomy and Physiology!

If you give Alice a call and let her know you've done this section she will be able to confirm whether you have to do it again.
My understanding is that you probably wont but she will need to see your certificate with it on and take a copy to put in your portfolio.

A lot of sections were duplicates of the NVQ2 e.g. G6 and that's what we had to do.

Latest posts

Back