EE slowcoach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post although i've been reading and absorbing this fantastic forum for a while

First, thank you thank you thank you to the lovely members who take the time to answer questions - you are all heroes!

Anyway, to the point: I trained with lashperfect ten days ago. To date i have had eight people in for (freebie) extensions. Two hours each.

I can still only get about 20 lashes per eye. I have tried some quicker setting glue which has helped a little. The ones i do get on are okay - 8/10!!

Am i at all on track or am i just not suited to lashing?

I would be interested to hear about other peoples learning curves? Xx

Hi and welcome to the forums :)
Well I was pretty slow when i first started as well, at the stage you are at you should be concentrating on making sure the lashes are applied perfectly and not worry too much about how long it takes. Your speed will naturally increase.
I was given very good advise when i first started and it was to do no more than 2hrs, as you get tired doing longer and to do little and often. So maybe and hour or 2 each day rather than 4 or 5 hrs a day one day a week. The more often you do them the faster you will get so just keep at it.
My first few sets i was taking over 3hrs to get about 25 lashes on each eye, I am no speedy now either but can get about 50 on each eye in an hours appointment so definitely much faster.
So my advice would be to keep going as you are with making sure the lashes are applied perfectly, and do little and often and this will make a huge difference to your speed.
I also found that the lashes on the little strips helps to speed things up quite a bit, you just pop the strip onto the back of the hand you use to isolate and pick them off from there. A faster glue helps as well, especially with 'stickies' but since you have already tried that i would suggest the strips of lashes on the back of your hand (or stuck onto a pad if you prefer).
Keep practising and good luck xx

I'd agree with all the above :)

I trained in lashes 4 years ago and to begin with, found it really frustrating, I took so long to do a full set I felt like a joke! But honestly, practice is key and makes perfect! The more sets you do, the quicker you become. Perfect lashes that take longer to apply are much better than full crap looking lashes! A fast setting glue like eyelash emporium or flirties will def help, as will the strip lashes- they make a big difference tbh. I also find that using the pads instead of micropore saves a wee bit of time also. Sorry I haven't really added anything new here, but just wanted to say don't worry about your speed right now, that's totally normal in my opinion xx

I used to get myself in a real fiddle when i first trained last year and i swear each set looked worse than the last because i was worrying more with each set (they didn't but that is how i felt)
Concentrate for now on getting the bond and application perfect and speed will come with practice you will find it will all fall into place without you realising it. I take before and after pictures still and i always look back through them to see how much improvment i make each time. I can now get 60+ lashes on each eye in about 1hour 15mins. Like Jenx i also use the strips i find them far easier and it takes less setting up time (i'm mobile).

You have only done the course 10 days ago and have already done 8 sets of lashes. That is fantastic. You need to give yourself time to learn the skill and then worry about your timings. I think you should really be proud yourself for first of all doing the course and then moving bravely onto doing people. You should charge a little bit to cover your expenses. The stuff in your kit wasnt free right?

I did the same course in September and if it makes you feel better I am struggling with doing the extensions. I am certainly not giving up. I do warn people that I will take up to 2 hours. I dont let them lie there for longer as it just isnt fair....

Keep plodding on you can only get better, not worse! xx

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Without the tips ive picked up on here i would be in a right pickle.

I have wondered about strips rather than pots of lashes but have just bought more pots so feel that i should use them up. Picking up each lash from the pile does take me a relatively long time though. Is there a better way to arrange them? (mine are in two or three spread out piles iyswim)

I am utterly addicted to lashing and even found myself looking at the dog and wondering what he'd look like with..er..kitten flicks! Xxxxxxx

Practise makes perfect, happy lashing 😊

Picking up each lash from the pile does take me a relatively long time though. Is there a better way to arrange them? (mine are in two or three spread out piles iyswim)

You can buy a silicone lash stand which may help.

The lashes will stand up on this so makes it much easier to pick up the lashes.

I would spend ages lining my loose lashes up on one of these pads when I started. I know it sounds ridiculous now but that bit of preparation meant I had one less thing to worry about once my client was on the table.

Lashbase do a few different types (the small clear ones are the best)

Woohoo. Another practise this morning and 30ish on each eye. :)))))

I do so appreciate tips and encouragement - thank you xxxxxxx

Woohoo. Another practise this morning and 30ish on each eye. :)))))

I do so appreciate tips and encouragement - thank you xxxxxxx

Ah well done, keep ups posted. What size lashes did you use today?

Latest posts

Back