EE Tech experiencing allergic reaction to glue... anyone else had this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovingyournails

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the essay!!!

I am experiencing a nasty reaction to eyelash adhesive vapours during EE application.

NOT the streaming stinging eyes (am a glasses wearer), instead I get a blotchy & extremely itchy neck and throat and sometimes eyebrows (the area that is plucked!) wheezy and tightness in the chest - presumably from inhalation of the glue vapours.

Now, I had a reaction years ago to nail glue (same symptoms but also itchy inside of mouth/lips) and the aroma from all the Semi Perm EE glues used to date is a distinctly familiar one. I understand that Nail glue/lash glue/super glue all contain cyanoacrylate but how can I find out if that is what I am having a reaction to?

Am hoping someone has experienced the same and can solve my promlem!!!

I take an antihistamine tablet pre application, am using a mask (am waiting for Lashbase to get in their new EN heavy duty mask). I have performed a few treatments outside in my garden which was a joy but not going to be a realistic solution - am currently using Flirties Sensitive Glue which gives a lesser reaction than their Extra Strength glue!!

Any ideas on how to better ventilate my room apart from the obvious fan blowing fumes away from me /open window scenario. Any I would love to hear from anyone using any different brands of sensitive lash glue with fab results - have been recommended Amazing Lash sensitive glue?

Cheers and apologies for the essay!!
Vicki
xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back