Electrial facials, what's in and what's out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing more training next year, possibly adding electrical facials to my treatment menu by doing the VTCT level 3 course. The silabus covers vacuum suction, galvanic, microcurrent, dermabrasion, high frequency, ems, faradic.
Which of these treatments do you most frequently carry out? Are some very out dated?
I'd like to know your thoughts. I do have the option of doing an individual manufacturers cours as an alternative.
What about body electrical treatments or are they outdated being replaced with wraps?

I did a 2 day electrical facial course as my insurance wouldn't cover me with just the manufacturers one.

I think most of the things they teach are pretty outdated. I did it simply to get the qualification and then trained with environ. However I now offer the Silhouette Dermalift facial with their machine and have had fantastic results. They also did complimentary training!

I was originally going to train via college but it was just way too time consuming as I knew I had no intention of using most of the machines.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm thinking of doing more training next year, possibly adding electrical facials to my treatment menu by doing the VTCT level 3 course. The silabus covers vacuum suction, galvanic, microcurrent, dermabrasion, high frequency, ems, faradic.
Which of these treatments do you most frequently carry out? Are some very out dated?
I'd like to know your thoughts. I do have the option of doing an individual manufacturers cours as an alternative.
What about body electrical treatments or are they outdated being replaced with wraps?

I'd say galvanic & high frequency during facials is good to use, then a non surgical/ microcurrent type of machine for lifting - cosmetronic have some excellent facial electrical towers at amazing prices have a look on their website x

I have been at my salon five years now, I have done both a galvanic and faradic facial just once In that time! It's not a popular treatment at all for us but of course all salons are different.

I also done the itec facial electric course and I found it very informative and interesting. I personally liked the idea of learning about all the different options and machines and kinds of facials that can be done with a machine. It also is non bias I find free training by product house or manufacturer , although is good quality sometimes doesn't give you full back group and a non bias slant to it they obviously aim to train using what they selling.

Also my itec is recognized worldwide I not too sure about individual product training houses you have to find out about that as each country is different I think.

It's up to you, the course is quite easy, but I really enjoyed it.

we're always busy with our facials, that's why for me i wanted something extra results driven. It all comes down to how you enticing your client to introducing the product without pricing yourself too low or too high, then convincing your clients of the benefits. Its really noticeable of the difference week by week. it does depend week on week on which combination/customisation you will be carrying out more, but i have to say galvanic/high frequency is always popular all year round.

In terms of wraps, they do work and are popular over hoildays. Although i found its more of a decline for me as i think they have become a bit more of a fad, with some companies suggesting additional weight loss. from some of the threads on here they are extermly popular.

I'd go with the short course route for a refresher and individual training with carlton for more indepth one to one. The machines are great starter to work on. xoxo

Dermabrasion is popular and they love LED light at end of treatment, something many salons don't offer :)

All the treatments that are available on the Carlton Dermascope machine:

Diamond dermabrasion
Galvanic
Non surgical facelift
Colour therapy

I would probably add High Frequency to it - if Carlton put that on the machine it would be the best value and equipped electrical facial machine on the market IMHO.

Latest posts

Back