Electric drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMax001

Reaction score
:?: Now I know alot of people do not like the dreaded nail drill/files.... but I believe they are only a bad thing if used by someone who has not received appropriate training.
I have just purchased one.... I have looked everywhere for an ed vid...books etc on how to use one. I intend to join a course but would like to get the videos etc before.
Anyone know where I can get one from...the only sites I have found that sell them are US sites!!!!

Appreciate any help ;)

Though it is based in the US, your best bet (in my experience) is to contact Nancy king over at the AEFM (have added link to the..er, um... link section of the site ;) )

Good luck.

AngelMax001 said:
:?: Now I know alot of people do not like the dreaded nail drill/files.... but I believe they are only a bad thing if used by someone who has not received appropriate training.
I have just purchased one.... I have looked everywhere for an ed vid...books etc on how to use one. I intend to join a course but would like to get the videos etc before.
Anyone know where I can get one from...the only sites I have found that sell them are US sites!!!!

Appreciate any help ;)
Hiya - you know about a year ago, I am certain it was Shesto direct who were selling a video but there is no longer a link showing this on there so you could try giving them a call to see if they have any left in stock (020 8451 6188). Sorry I can't be of more help than that right now, but I'm 90% certain it was them though I'm talking at least a year or so ago!

Incidentally, Medicool have various educational notes on their site with visuals which may help a little to get you familiar with your efile while you try to source a video/get training? The link is http://www.medicool.com/manicure_pedicure/manped_education.html

Hiya Im sure nsi offer training on using a drill check out their website then click education Im sure they do they might have books vids etc

why dont people like drills? i have never used one or had one used on me...but i dont know why?! i have heard there is a chinese nail enhancements shop opened near me and they use drills is this a bad thing or not?

I think its personal preference and maybe bad press about damage done with drills. I believe if someone wants to use a drill and they have had suitable training then its upto them. I was taught with a drill many moons ago and didnt know any different ... I must admit that since retraining and coming on here I now see the sense in "scultp with your brush and not your file" :) if we aim to get the sculpting correct then there should be no need to use an efile.
I had an efile on my list of things to buy for my business but have now realised that maybe I dont need it and can use that money (about £500) for more stock etc or retail products instead.
I have seen efiles used proficiently, in safe professional hands, especially during backfills with the correct drill bits and I have first hand experience of drills used on my natural nail, way before I knew any differently. As always knowledge and training :)
HTH
Jo xx

We had the Pro Beauty show here in Dublin yesterday and today and I managed to catch a few minutes (in between doing the airbrush demos myself) watching a lady called Heidi Bender from Young Nails (she was from USA) do a demo with an e-file. I was very impressed. The bit I saw was when she did an infill and channelled out the acrylic for the new smile line - amazing! She was doing a black french and when I first saw the black acrylic going on it was all over the place, she didn't bother trying to keep it in the channel she had made and I really wondered what on earth she was doing. But then she took the e-file and gently filed over it, whatever black that shouldn't have been there just filed away, and the other stayed in the channel - it was a great smile line. I've just ordered a nail drill (I'm going to book myself on the EZ Flow drill class here in Dublin) and I can't wait to put into practice some of the things I saw today.

Latest posts

Back