electric drills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week i had to do a removal and apply a new set, since it was gel i had to file off, i spent almost 1h30 filing them off! I ended up with very sore wrists and for every french rebalance i also have to remove much product. So this week i went to a 1 day course with professionails and they showed me how to use it and i thought it was quite easy.
First i used a nail trainer to get te feeling of how fast it works with diferent abrasives and then on a real model, and i must say i really loved the result. Very easy to get really close to the cuticle without ever touching it!
I'm getting one myself.

i dont use mine as much as i did when i first purchased it. They do have their place...ie...filing under nail, getting to lifting in akward places.......but you can definately survive without one

Drill, file, same thing to me. I reckon if it performs a useful function then go for it. I've seen (and experienced - OUCH!!) some outright SHOCKERS filing by hand.

I purchased mine (at considerable cost) having seen Nancy King demonstrate at the Sydney Expo and I was floored. I then attended her class (had to fly interstate for it - worth the cost) and came away with a totally different perspective and much excitement.

I also never, ever use my machine on a natural nail. Ever. Nail bed preparation or filing the natural nail is always done by hand.

I love my drill because, aside from filing and etching smile lines and digging out little nasties from underneath the nail, with a drop of buffing oil, I can wallop up the brightest shine that lasts. I'm proud of my skill but it took practise and $$$. My drill cost me in the vicinity of AUD$1,600 not including the cost for training and materials so it's an investment, not an idle frivolity.

But it took ages off my salon time and it's a very handy piece of kit!

Jindalee said:
underneath the nail, with a drop of buffing oil, I can wallop up the brightest shine that lasts. I'm proud of my skill but it took practise and $$$. My drill cost me in the vicinity of AUD$1,600 not including the cost for training and materials so it's an investment, not an idle frivolity.

But it took ages off my salon time and it's a very handy piece of kit!

Just wondered what bit do you use for getting that brightest shine?? need a good one and not sure what one to get.
Jackie

Back