Electric nail filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJReiki

Reaction score
Hi everyone - Wishing you all a very happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2016.

Just wanted some help with regard to Electric Nail Files and training, if you don't mind.

I currently do manual Manicures and Pedicures for my male clients, and quite like the idea of using an electric file. My treatments are for males only, so, I don't use Nail Polishes etc..more just nail maintenance.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on which system to choose and also training, I would be very grateful. Also, do you find it easier/better to use Electric Nail File, as opposed to doing this manually?

Many thanks, and look forward to hearing from you
Terry

What is it you want the electric file to do?

Im not trained in using one, but my understanding is they are for use on acrylic or hard gel only, ie- finishing or debulking enhancements. I dont think they are meant for use on the natural nail & I presume when you say you dont use polish, you dont do enhancements either.

Maybe an electric pedicure tool of some kind (simular to the micro pedi things you can buy) could help on hard skin removal but I dont see how an E file would help natural nail manis if im honest xx

Hi everyone - Wishing you all a very happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2016.

Just wanted some help with regard to Electric Nail Files and training, if you don't mind.

I currently do manual Manicures and Pedicures for my male clients, and quite like the idea of using an electric file. My treatments are for males only, so, I don't use Nail Polishes etc..more just nail maintenance.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on which system to choose and also training, I would be very grateful. Also, do you find it easier/better to use Electric Nail File, as opposed to doing this manually?

Many thanks, and look forward to hearing from you
Terry
I'm trained to use the electric file with Young Nails..it's only used for acrylic or hard gel nails..it can be used for removal of Shellac/Gel colour on the natural nails but would be pointless to be trained just for that xx

I'm trained to use the electric file with Young Nails..it's only used for acrylic or hard gel nails..it can be used for removal of Shellac/Gel colour on the natural nails but would be pointless to be trained just for that xx
Sorry to hop in on post but I just wanted to ask you about the young nails training, I'm college trained but been out of the game for a while so wanted to do refresher/conversion and I really can't decide between young nails and cnd everyone on here raves about cnd but I never see that much about young nails so any advice/experiences you could share with me would be amazing!

Sorry to hop in on post but I just wanted to ask you about the young nails training, I'm college trained but been out of the game for a while so wanted to do refresher/conversion and I really can't decide between young nails and cnd everyone on here raves about cnd but I never see that much about young nails so any advice/experiences you could share with me would be amazing!
Yeah I thought the same and asked the lady who trained me why and she seems to think CND are more popular because people know the name because of their shellac! I trained with nsi and hated it so I was using CND acrylic before I started my Youngs course and I do like CND's acrylic but I do prefer Youngs,I think they are very similar though.
I did the Youngs conversion course and they teach you using the efile which I was sceptical about but I love it.. They teach reverse application and sculpted nails! I don't know anything about the CND course to compare them but I don't think you'd be disappointed by going with Youngs :) xx

Yeah I thought the same and asked the lady who trained me why and she seems to think CND are more popular because people know the name because of their shellac! I trained with nsi and hated it so I was using CND acrylic before I started my Youngs course and I do like CND's acrylic but I do prefer Youngs,I think they are very similar though.
I did the Youngs conversion course and they teach you using the efile which I was sceptical about but I love it.. They teach reverse application and sculpted nails! I don't know anything about the CND course to compare them but I don't think you'd be disappointed by going with Youngs :) xx
Fab thanks for the info! Like you I was sceptical about the efile situation but the trainer said for the conversion they will just do hand filing and I can do efile training further down the line if I want to. I like the look of the reverse application and the Greg Salo tutorials are great but I do like that the cnd conversion is 2 days! Ooooo it's such a hard choice

Fab thanks for the info! Like you I was sceptical about the efile situation but the trainer said for the conversion they will just do hand filing and I can do efile training further down the line if I want to. I like the look of the reverse application and the Greg Salo tutorials are great but I do like that the cnd conversion is 2 days! Ooooo it's such a hard choice
Yeah when you buy the efile you get free training too [emoji4] ye Greg Salo is brilliant,he trained my mentor! When you pass you will be able to order everything off their website and they also have their own gel range too which is good,called Mani Q [emoji140]
I'm sure which ever you choose you won't be disappointed! Good luck :) xx

What is it you want the electric file to do?

Im not trained in using one, but my understanding is they are for use on acrylic or hard gel only, ie- finishing or debulking enhancements. I dont think they are meant for use on the natural nail & I presume when you say you dont use polish, you dont do enhancements either.

Maybe an electric pedicure tool of some kind (simular to the micro pedi things you can buy) could help on hard skin removal but I dont see how an E file would help natural nail manis if im honest xx

Ah - right.... I remember having a pedicure some years back, and the lady used an electric file on a couple of my toe nails that, at the time were quite "Ridgy". Feel a bit of a dork now!! lol. Thank you ladies.....

No worries hun :)

Dont feel daft, we dont know until we ask !

Plus I think what you would pay in training & to buy the file wouldn't be worth it for just the odd use either. I think its going to be a hand buffing job lol xx

h - right.... I remember having a pedicure some years back, and the lady used an electric file on a couple of my toe nails that, at the time were quite "Ridgy". Feel a bit of a dork now!! lol. Thank you ladies.....
Not a dork! I know Jessica use an electric manicure file during their pedicures. It can remove cuticle, buff etc so you didn't imagine it :)

My mother in law is a foot care practitioner and she used an electric file to help with problematic nails and hard skin ( if nails have thickened etc). But she's done a specific foot care course which is for treating foot and nail conditions. You have to be specially trained to use on natural nails as you'd not want to use on healthy ones. Unless it's just the electric nail buffer as suggested above. A few salons near me have a therapist who is a beauty therapist but has also done a foot care course and they offer Medi-pedi's. So great for that odd client who might have a thickening nail or LOADS of hard skin. It's something I'd be interested in but would defo be treading on my mother in laws toes!

Latest posts

Back