Electrolysis probs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ive currently got a client who has been having Electrolysis on her chin with me for approx 8 months. She has very coarse almost masculine hair. We we're making good albeit slow progress but lately hair appears thicker than ever. Ive been using Blend technique but have also tried Shortwave diathermy. I use Sterex SX Blend machine. Id really appreciate any advice of how to proceed? Change settings or technique? Not sure what to try next .

What are the settings that you are currently using and needle size?

Hi, I'm currently using Blend 5-5-55 size 03 needle.

If the hair is getting thicker have you ruled out other factors, such as hormones or change in meds?

Hi Martin, yes I have discussed hormones etc with my client, but the hair is very localised to one area across her chin. All other facial hair is very fine and minimal.

If the hair is coarse then you need a 4 or 5 needle - a 3 is not enough. First increase your time limit and then work up to 60u/l until you get an easy slide of the hair.

It is still possible that not all of the original growth has appeared yet. This occurs at about the 9 month mark, then it is time to start investigating ongoing stimuli, if the regrowth is not appearing like regrowth should. Is the client menopausal?:Grope:

Latest posts

Back