Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tell her that you won't be refunding as she was clearly happy with colour originally.

Also, point out that if she's re-coloured it since, a strand test can easily prove that and you would be entitled to take one if she wants to waste her money going to court.

Can I strand test prove anything? What can I do to notice this? X

Can I strand test prove anything? What can I do to notice this? X

No, not you doing the strand test.

If you send a hair sample to a lab for analysis, they could look at it under a powerful microscope to see the artificial and natural colour molecules inside the hair shaft...

However, my point is more about calling her bluff.

She's obviously being a pushy little madam. If you strongly suspect she's re-coloured it herself, pointing out that this can easily be checked should make her think twice about harassing you for a refund.

No, not you doing the strand test.

If you send a hair sample to a lab for analysis, they could look at it under a powerful microscope to see the artificial and natural colour molecules inside the hair shaft...

However, my point is more about calling her bluff.

She's obviously being a pushy little madam. If you strongly suspect she's re-coloured it herself, pointing out that this can easily be checked should make her think twice about harassing you for a refund.

Oh believe me I called her bluff and she said she was seeking legal advice so I knew she wouldn't get anywhere so I was ok. Then messaged me saying if you take a strand test and find out I haven't recoloured it will you give me a refund. So I have to go back to hers Thursday and take a strand test. So much messing about but I am not backing down .. Thank you x

Oh believe me I called her bluff and she said she was seeking legal advice so I knew she wouldn't get anywhere so I was ok. Then messaged me saying if you take a strand test and find out I haven't recoloured it will you give me a refund. So I have to go back to hers Thursday and take a strand test. So much messing about but I am not backing down .. Thank you x

You don't have to take a strand test now. Tell her you will do this once you receive the court papers. She has to pay to file a claim.

You don't have to take a strand test now. Tell her you will do this once you receive the court papers. She has to pay to file a claim.
Although I said I would can I go back on my word now ?

Just stop replying to her and feeding the drama.
Send her a final text saying from now on you will respond via your solicitor once you receive the court papers and then block her.

You don't have to reply! Ignore all messages from now on.

Although I said I would can I go back on my word now ?

Seriously? Why are you pandering to her? She's not your boss.

Final message then block. Put her out of your mind.

Seriously? Why are you pandering to her? She's not your boss.

Final message then block. Put her out of your mind.
I am new to being my own boss, this is why I am asking because I don't want to be a push over. I'll just message saying look Im not doing a strand test because j know she has coloured it so if you take it further you'll hear from me then ?

I know I am just being mard but I am new to the own boss malarkey :)

I has a client like this that complained over a massage claiming she wasn't relaxed?! But after investigating my therapist did nothing wrong. I didn't entertain it as I knew it'd just stress me out and I had enough going on at home as it was. I tried to resolve it but she got aggressive and demanded refund so I messaged her saying I would only respond via her solicitor now and to not contact me again directly or come in my salon or I would treat it as harassment and call the police- I heard nothing again

I am new to being my own boss, this is why I am asking because I don't want to be a push over. I'll just message saying look Im not doing a strand test because j know she has coloured it so if you take it further you'll hear from me then ?

I know I am just being mard but I am new to the own boss malarkey :)

Honestly just take AcidPerm's advice.

Maybe just tell her that you have now spoken to,your insurers and on their advice to take no further action or get involved in any more correspondence until you receive notice from her solicitors which you will forward to your insurers who will then investigate the claim.

Maybe just tell her that you have now spoken to,your insurers and on their advice to take no further action or get involved in any more correspondence until you receive notice from her solicitors which you will forward to your insurers who will then investigate the claim.
I used to think this was the best idea but when gettin my insurance this year from babtac it says do not mention your insurance to a potential claimant. Not sure why

I used to think this was the best idea but when gettin my insurance this year from babtac it says do not mention your insurance to a potential claimant. Not sure why
I have just said look I am not doing any more for you! You will not let me rectify and I am not rectifying because that's not a colour I done! So if you want to take it further you can do and we will correspond through our solicitors! No reply (yet) thanks so much guys !! I haven't mentioned insurance because she will take it a step further ... She can't use insurance anyway as I haven't damaged her hair or she hasn't had a reaction....

I have just said look I am not doing any more for you! You will not let me rectify and I am not rectifying because that's not a colour I done! So if you want to take it further you can do and we will correspond through our solicitors! No reply (yet) thanks so much guys !! I haven't mentioned insurance because she will take it a step further ... She can't use insurance anyway as I haven't damaged her hair or she hasn't had a reaction....
Have you heard anything back yet?

Probably because some chancers will see this as their cash cow! & insurers have obviously got fed up with the whole "it's your fault this has happened I'm going to take this further attitude!!" What ever had happened to a simpler time of "I've made a mistake I apologise" end of story!?

Have you heard anything back yet?
No thanks god! I don't know if it it because I have blocked her number or that she just hasn't done anything. I'm assuming if she wanted contact me she would have used a different number. Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it xx

Latest posts

Back