electronic diary with automated reminders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy slade

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was previously self employed in a salon where Ovatu was used, I have since become employed at another salon, which still work with a manual diary, and I know the owner is reluctant to change. However, we get so many no shows, and I have mentioned to her the benefits of the electronic reminder. I think her and the other member of staff are nervous of the change, but realise that eventually its the way to go. Just wondering if people have experience of other systems and which is the most user friendly and cost efficient? many thanks

Hi everyone

I was previously self employed in a salon where Ovatu was used, I have since become employed at another salon, which still work with a manual diary, and I know the owner is reluctant to change. However, we get so many no shows, and I have mentioned to her the benefits of the electronic reminder. I think her and the other member of staff are nervous of the change, but realise that eventually its the way to go. Just wondering if people have experience of other systems and which is the most user friendly and cost efficient? many thanks
Hi Tracy,
I actually have experience with multiple systems, each with its own pros and cons depending on the salon's way of doing things. So getting to know how things work at your salon will help choose the right system. So I have a few questions that will help recommend the right system for you.
1- Why is the owner reluctant to change? is it mainly a concern about cost? or just avoiding changing a currently stable system via the manual diary?
2- Why are the other members of staff nervous of the change? did you ask them their main concerns?
3- Is the No-show problem the only thing you are looking to solve through the system? Also how are you solving the No-show problem now?
4- What are other pain points you hope the system will solve for your salon?

Thank you for your reply to answer questions
Hi Tracy,
I actually have experience with multiple systems, each with its own pros and cons depending on the salon's way of doing things. So getting to know how things work at your salon will help choose the right system. So I have a few questions that will help recommend the right system for you.
1- Why is the owner reluctant to change? is it mainly a concern about cost? or just avoiding changing a currently stable system via the manual diary?
2- Why are the other members of staff nervous of the change? did you ask them their main concerns?
3- Is the No-show problem the only thing you are looking to solve through the system? Also how are you solving the No-show problem now?
4- What are other pain points you hope the system will solve for your salon?
thank you for replying
To answer your questions

I think it’s not so much the cost just they have been so used to a manual diary for years and a bit nervous about going electronic the main reason for change is to send an email reminders which hopefully will cut down the no-shows but also clarity to see what is available appointment wise and to keep the client records up-to-date. I appreciate the owner likes to keep work as work and Home is home, but as I am quite used to dealing with my own clients outside of work, I like access to the diary remotely so I don’t have to disturb the staff from my day off as it is a very busy salon I think once they saw it in action and how easy it is to adapt they would see the benefits as I know I was nervous when I joined my last salon and have been used to manual diary, but it didn’t take long to come to terms with it and the benefits . also I have many clients that asked for a reminders which means constant texting in the day before and again this would cut down on that. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Thank you for your reply to answer questions

thank you for replying
To answer your questions

I think it’s not so much the cost just they have been so used to a manual diary for years and a bit nervous about going electronic the main reason for change is to send an email reminders which hopefully will cut down the no-shows but also clarity to see what is available appointment wise and to keep the client records up-to-date. I appreciate the owner likes to keep work as work and Home is home, but as I am quite used to dealing with my own clients outside of work, I like access to the diary remotely so I don’t have to disturb the staff from my day off as it is a very busy salon I think once they saw it in action and how easy it is to adapt they would see the benefits as I know I was nervous when I joined my last salon and have been used to manual diary, but it didn’t take long to come to terms with it and the benefits . also I have many clients that asked for a reminders which means constant texting in the day before and again this would cut down on that. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Hi Tracy,

I see from your reply that you are looking for a really basic system that can provide you with the basics, nothing too fancy or that can help you grow the business through social media etc. There are some powerful and advanced systems out there but for your requirement Fresha would be a straight forward standard choice since its Free and has the basic email reminder capabilities and no-show labeling etc. It's also cloud based, so you can manage things remotely from your mobile device as well.

If you would like me to help you setup the system for your salon and help onboard your team so that things run smoothly, I would be glad to help you out, just let me know. In case you are wondering why I would do that? well I'm in the beauty industry and like to gain experience in how salons operate by helping them out with their technological operational requirement :). That's why I also have experience with multiple salon systems.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Latest posts

Back