Elemis and QVC

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygeek12

Reaction score
Ok so i only just took elemis on and on the training this week and already loads of clients come get samples and then buy on qvc we have sold bits and bobs but clients even say it’s cheap on qvc so that’s where I get it... I was thinking of doing spend x amount get free 30 min facial or a loyalty scheme for products? What ideas does anyone have with overcoming the qvc issue :( X

Ok so i only just took elemis on and on the training this week and already loads of clients come get samples and then buy on qvc we have sold bits and bobs but clients even say it’s cheap on qvc so that’s where I get it... I was thinking of doing spend x amount get free 30 min facial or a loyalty scheme for products? What ideas does anyone have with overcoming the qvc issue :( X
Hi there ,
I’m sorry to hear this butvw had exactly the same problem when I took it on 10 years ago . At first we did very well with it but the QVC issue become more and more of a problem as you say . In fact sometimes I even bought kits from QVC and used them in thecdalon as it was cheaper than putting in a huge order with Elemis . Your idea of a type of GWP with spend X and receive a free taster facial is a good idea and maybe you could promote this for Mother’s Day ? . Good luck I hope it all works out for you .

Do you still use elemis? I have definitely got more interest in facials and bookings for them so at least it’s worth it for that reason Xx

Do you still use elemis? I have definitely got more interest in facials and bookings for them so at least it’s worth it for that reason Xx
No we don’t . I got rid of them after about 3 years as the sales were dropping due to QVC and then the retail stores having them in . We have gone from organic / spa type pamper treatments to much more clinical / aesthetic treatments and products which earn me a lot more and we can charge more for the treatments and in the end had more repeat business from. It’s very annoying though isn’t it when clients “ proudly “ tell you that they buy all their products as gift packs on QVC cos it’s so much cheaper when you have done all the hard work and prescribed what they needed to buy .
If you have only recently taken it on why don’t yiu see if Elemis will support a launch event and let you have say 30 free gifts at their cost not yours to give free with 2 product purchases . They did it for me but that was 10 years ago and I don’t know if it has changed but worth asking .

I have the same with Decleor & QVC. unfortunately unless I change to a premium brand that only sell exclusively to salons (to which I can’t afford) I only buy minimal stock and use professional range for treatments, I do sell a lot of retail at Christmas as the boxes are a great buy but not the rest of the year.
Xxxxx

I was starting to think if people book a facial they get 10% off skincare purchases and it makes the prices of cleansers about the same as qvc minus the postage too. Better than nothing X

Did you not know Elemis sold on QVC before you took it on? They have been doing this for years. Decleor now at it too.

Yeah but I thought because the cleansers full size and stuff are cheaper in salon without postage usually and qvc is lots of 50ml packages xx

No we don’t . I got rid of them after about 3 years as the sales were dropping due to QVC and then the retail stores having them in . We have gone from organic / spa type pamper treatments to much more clinical / aesthetic treatments and products which earn me a lot more and we can charge more for the treatments and in the end had more repeat business from. It’s very annoying though isn’t it when clients “ proudly “ tell you that they buy all their products as gift packs on QVC cos it’s so much cheaper when you have done all the hard work and prescribed what they needed to buy .
If you have only recently taken it on why don’t yiu see if Elemis will support a launch event and let you have say 30 free gifts at their cost not yours to give free with 2 product purchases . They did it for me but that was 10 years ago and I don’t know if it has changed but worth asking .

I understand your frustration at this but being honest about it, if I could get an expensive luxury product for cheaper elsewhere I would as would anyone else. Nowadays people want the best for their money even if it is a pound or two in the difference.

I went to a salon for a dermalogica facial and I asked about the small bottle and the therapist said you should buy the big bottle first to see how much comes out in a pump, don't buy the smaller bottle. I found this really funny because she couldn't have tried harder to sell it to me. But she was still more expensive than the salon I usually go to and so I didn't buy it there. Value for money.

I understand your frustration at this but being honest about it, if I could get an expensive luxury product for cheaper elsewhere I would as would anyone else. Nowadays people want the best for their money even if it is a pound or two in the difference.

I went to a salon for a dermalogica facial and I asked about the small bottle and the therapist said you should buy the big bottle first to see how much comes out in a pump, don't buy the smaller bottle. I found this really funny because she couldn't have tried harder to sell it to me. But she was still more expensive than the salon I usually go to and so I didn't buy it there. Value for money.

And I bet any money that if you went online you would get it cheaper than the salon you usually go to! :). Such a sell-out company :(

exactly, if you can get something cheaper elsewhere why not? People are trying to save money. In a few years everything will be sold online, putting shops out of business. Retailers like pretty little thing and boohoo make a killing every year were as retail shops are closing every week because of high rent and low sales. This is reality.

Latest posts

Back